Colossus is available in Monolith Black or Glacier White and combines an aggressive futuristic design with clean modern lines, according to the company. Its top and front surfaces are coated with proprietary BitFenix SofTouch coating, which not only provides aesthetic appeal, but protects the surface from stains. The LED lighting system adorning the front door and side panels provide even lighting, and can be switched between red or blue with the touch of a button. The lighting also has three selectable modes: on, pulse, and off, giving users control over the ambiance of their computing environment.
Located at the very top of the chassis is the BitFenix S3TM, a combination storage and security system in one. With S3, users can place their mobile phone, hard disk, USB drives, or other valuables inside and easily lock them away for safe keeping. Inside S3, users will find two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports ready to connect to an ever-growing ecosystem of USB 3.0 devices.
Colossus also features a PWM fan controller that grants users more precise control over their fan speeds without the need for proprietary fans, and is the first chassis to feature both internal and external cable management.
BitFenix Colossus will be available on retail shelves mid-September with an estimated retail price of 159 euro or US$169.
- DIGIEVER partnership with EverFocus for better professional network surveillance solutions
- Advantech Introduces New 18" and 21" Widescreen Multitouch Panel PCs
- Digital Network Fuels Opportunities in Vehicle Surveillance Market
- Advantech Redefines Entry Level Network Application Platforms
- WD shipping world's first 5 mm 2.5-inch hard drive
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- ATO Solution Co., Ltd. to launch 1Gb SLC NAND Flash after 256Mb/512Mb mass production for the first time in Fab-less industry
- Chilisin's miniature power inductor in 0603/0805 sizes
- Chilisin introduces Thin-film chip inductor 0201 size
- Chilisin at 2012 electronics Munich A5/159 & 260
- Chilisin sunken-type molded power inductor for MXM Graphic application
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Chaintech, a motherboard/graphics card maker, which quit the market once and returned recently, has...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
In a relentless competition against rivals including Qualcomm, Nvidia and Media in the smartphone chipset...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...