The Lanner FW-8910 targets the performance segment of the network security, NAC, WAN Acceleration and ADC markets, and offers the features of Intel's new C5500 processor, such as integrated memory controller, integrated PCI Express 2.0 controller and Quick Path Interconnect (QPI) technology.
"As a member of the Intel Embedded Alliance, Lanner strives to lead the industry in developing the most advanced hardware platforms on the latest Intel technologies such as the Intel Xeon processor C5500-series and Intel 3420 chipset," said Jesse Chiang, Product Planner, Lanner Network Communications. "Network security and acceleration solutions demand the highest levels of performance for enterprise-class networks, and performance is what the Lanner FW-8910 delivers."
"The new Xeon C5500-series feature multi-core and multi-threaded processing, allowing for vast improvements in network packet processing efficiency," said Frank Schapfel, director of marketing, Intel Performance Products Division. "Directly connecting GbE and 10GbE MACs to the integrated PCI Express controller allows network appliance manufacturers such as Lanner, to easily add sophisticated network connectivity."
A 2U rack mount platform, the FW-8910 includes up to five customized Ethernet modules for a combination of up to 40 LAN ports combining GbE copper, fiber and bypass port options. Furthermore, the FW-8910 supports multiple 10Gbps cards, either fiber or 10G Base-T copper, Lanner highlighted. Twelve DIMM sockets support up to 96GB DDR3 memory, and four 2.5-inch hard drives allow for RAID based data protection. High availability features include
- Advantech Releases 6U CompactPCI Board with 4th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor
- Advantech to Support CompactPCI PlusIO and Serial Standards
- ABB to showcase leading-edge power distribution technologies at CIRED
- Fanless In-Vehicle Systems with Intel Core i7
- FIC partners with Cluster Wireless to deliver Intelligent M2M Solutions
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- Analogix eyes link between smartphones and HD displays
- Commentary: Price competition over 7-inch tablets erodes profits
- Taiwan FTC investigates Samsung over false advertising allegations
- Digitimes Research: Mobile devices to drive 2013 DRAM market
- Blog: Google Glass may enjoy demand from more than just regular users
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers, software developers and semiconductor players...
Over 1,700 exhibitors occupying 5,000 booths are showcasing their latest products at one of the world's leading ICT event.
Executives talk about their companies, products and the markets.
Singapore-based Gajah International Pte Ltd (Gajah) has won several Computex 2013 Design and Innovation...
Just before Computex 2013, Digitimes spoke with Jeff Baer, marketing director for Embedded Wireless,...
Jason LS Chen is a vice president in the Sales and Marketing Group at Intel and is responsible for...
Despite being one of the market leaders in the motherboard and graphics card industries, Gigabyte Technology...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...