The SiS168 adopts a close-loop Multi-state Motion Vector Search & Analysis (MMVSA) algorithm to increase the reliability and accuracy of the regenerated motion vectors. The closed loop MMVSA algorithm includes moving objects grouping, moving object boundary detection, static text detection, motion vector distribution analysis, and motion vector regeneration. Low frame rate films with inverse 3:2/2:2 pull-down are also detected during the motion vector distribution-analysis. Based on the motion vectors, new frames are thus elaborated and inserted between two originally consecutive frames, with further polish such as de-blocking, halo effect reducing, and low frame-rate film-processing.
SiS168 can pair with a series of SiS HDTV SoC processors, such as SiS328, SiS329, the upcoming new generation SiS HDTV products or any other third party TV chips to upgrade motion-video picture quality. It accepts either single-link LVDS (WXGA) or dual-link LVDS (Full-HD) input signals and outputs to either dual-link LVDS (WXGA) or quad-link LVDS (Full-HD) 100Hz/120Hz TFT LCD panels.
SiS 168 employs 0.11-micron 3.3V/1.2V silicon process, and is housed in a 484 LFBGA package. Engineering samples are available now for design and validation and mass production is expected to start in May.
- DIGIEVER partnership with EverFocus for better professional network surveillance solutions
- Advantech Introduces New 18" and 21" Widescreen Multitouch Panel PCs
- Digital Network Fuels Opportunities in Vehicle Surveillance Market
- Advantech Redefines Entry Level Network Application Platforms
- WD shipping world's first 5 mm 2.5-inch hard drive
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- ATO Solution Co., Ltd. to launch 1Gb SLC NAND Flash after 256Mb/512Mb mass production for the first time in Fab-less industry
- Chilisin's miniature power inductor in 0603/0805 sizes
- Chilisin introduces Thin-film chip inductor 0201 size
- Chilisin at 2012 electronics Munich A5/159 & 260
- Chilisin sunken-type molded power inductor for MXM Graphic application
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Chaintech, a motherboard/graphics card maker, which quit the market once and returned recently, has...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
In a relentless competition against rivals including Qualcomm, Nvidia and Media in the smartphone chipset...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...