The SiS168 adopts a close-loop Multi-state Motion Vector Search & Analysis (MMVSA) algorithm to increase the reliability and accuracy of the regenerated motion vectors. The closed loop MMVSA algorithm includes moving objects grouping, moving object boundary detection, static text detection, motion vector distribution analysis, and motion vector regeneration. Low frame rate films with inverse 3:2/2:2 pull-down are also detected during the motion vector distribution-analysis. Based on the motion vectors, new frames are thus elaborated and inserted between two originally consecutive frames, with further polish such as de-blocking, halo effect reducing, and low frame-rate film-processing.
SiS168 can pair with a series of SiS HDTV SoC processors, such as SiS328, SiS329, the upcoming new generation SiS HDTV products or any other third party TV chips to upgrade motion-video picture quality. It accepts either single-link LVDS (WXGA) or dual-link LVDS (Full-HD) input signals and outputs to either dual-link LVDS (WXGA) or quad-link LVDS (Full-HD) 100Hz/120Hz TFT LCD panels.
SiS 168 employs 0.11-micron 3.3V/1.2V silicon process, and is housed in a 484 LFBGA package. Engineering samples are available now for design and validation and mass production is expected to start in May.
- Imagination says third party IP becoming a key driving force for silicon vendors
- Enriching multiple MEMS applications for mobile devices
- Dialog Semiconductor expands into ultrabooks and all-in-one PCs with a new generation of multi-touch display sensor ICs
- Altera Cyclone V GT FPGA is industry first low-power FPGA to achieve compliance for PCIe Gen2 at 5 Gbps
- Digi-Key adds Califia Lighting to line card of more than 650 global suppliers
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- ATO Solution Co., Ltd. to launch 1Gb SLC NAND Flash after 256Mb/512Mb mass production for the first time in Fab-less industry
- Chilisin's miniature power inductor in 0603/0805 sizes
- Chilisin introduces Thin-film chip inductor 0201 size
- Chilisin at 2012 electronics Munich A5/159 & 260
- Chilisin sunken-type molded power inductor for MXM Graphic application
- Coto Technology claims industry's smallest MEMS reed switch
- Silicon Labs introduces single-chip digital radio receivers for CE devices
- Memory makers see better profits as chip pricing improves
- Globalfoundries quietly becoming a threat to competitors
- Digitimes Research: Mobile devices to drive 2013 DRAM market
Samsung Electronics reportedly is looking to expand the purchase of memory products, including mobile DRAM chips and eMMC NAND devices, from outside.
Micron Technology and Elpida Memory's trustees have reached an agreement for Micron to acquire Elpida. Micron also announced a separate agreement with...
Taiwan-based DRAM chipmakers including Powerchip Technology and ProMOS Technologies are considering selling fabs in order to preserve cash and strengthen...
Specializing in the manufacture of memory chips and LCD panels, Samsung's component operations are undergoing a focus shift to advanced process design...
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
In a relentless competition against rivals including Qualcomm, Nvidia and Media in the smartphone chipset...
Spansion recently announced a joint development with United Microelectronics (UMC) to integrate its...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...