The MultiLED with black packaging offers contrast in video displays with a luminance of 2,000cd/m² and a pixel spacing of 5-7mm. The color black appears on the display as a truly deep black, which gives pictures great depth and creates 3D effects.
The white point for the new MultiLED in the white package is at 2,000mcd. Both new versions are based on high-power chips featuring the latest Thinfilm and ThinGaN technology. The MultiLEDs are manufactured in very narrow tolerances in terms of brightness and color to ensure homogeneous screen display, and the display colors remain constant from all viewing angles. These extremely bright multi-chip LEDs also benefit from their 6-lead design, ensuring effective heat removal and enabling currents of 15 mA per color to be achieved, even at an ambient temperature of 85 degree.
- The bright future of Taiwan optoelectronics industry
- Global LED lighting market will be worth US$25.4 billion in 2013, says new report from Digitimes Research
- Interview with AZZURRO Semiconductors CEO Erwin Wolf: Mass production of 200mm GaN-on-Si wafer will drive significant shift of LED market
- New publication details ARC Energy's CHES furnace advantages for high-brightness LED production on large diameter sapphire substrates
- Emerging Technologies and Trends in Industrial LCD Panels
- Commentary: High-end LED lighting in demand
- Personal opinion: LED light bulbs are for lazy people
- On-site: 2013 Taiwan International Lighting Show, and a cafe
- LED lighting uptake to rise sharply in 2012 and reach 25% by 2014, says a new report from Digitimes Research
- Digitimes Research: LED ceiling lights gain popularity in Japan market
- Linear announces synchronous buck LED driver controller
- iWatt targets high power density in ultra-small overall adapter size with new devices
- ViewSonic announces ultra-portable LED projector line
- Chimei expects LED models to account for over 30% of its monitor revenues in 2010
- Photonics Festival in Taiwan: Everlight showcases LED agriculture lamps
The 2013 Taiwan International Lighting Show was held in Taipei, Taiwan, from March 26-29, 2013.
Taiwan's LED industry is optimistc about 2013
Philips, Osram, Genesis Photonics, Opto Tech, Panasonic, Toshiba Lightech and Everlight participate in Lighting Japan 2013.
Taiwan-based LED chipmaker expands capacity and plans to take over Huga Optotech through share swap
GaN-on-Si is a new technology that has the potential to replace sapphire substrates in the LED supply...
Despite the fact the penetration rate of LED backlight units (BLUs) in TVs has been increasing continuously,...
US-based MOCVD equipment provider Veeco currently ranks number one in global market share with 50%...
The LED industry has been growing rapidly in China. Digitimes Research recently visited China-based...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2007
In addition to pure display makers such as Amtran, Chi Mei, HANNspree, Taiwan-based home appliance makers such as Tatung, Proton, Kolin, several major IT makers...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2006
Taiwan-based display makers come from a variety of areas in the IT industry, from Compal, which is best known for producing notebooks, to Premier, which also produces...