Provided in 3x3mm packages, the new 3G PAs are designed specifically for UMTS/WCDMA frequency bands.
Built using a BiFET manufacturing process, an integration of InGaP bipolar HBT and GaAs pHEMT technologies, all key features and functional blocks of Epicom's new 3G PA are integrated into a single cost-effective chip while delivering impressive performance.
In comparison to 2G or 2.5G (GSM/GPRS/EDGE) PAs, 3G PAs require much higher linearity to support high data rate transmission and better power added efficiency (PAE) for longer battery life, Epicom said. The company noted its 3G PAs feature digitally controlled tri-power mode (high, medium, low) operation, and ultra-low quiescent current. The compact form factor includes the required directional coupler and all matching circuits.
In addition to 3x3mm packaged PAs, Epicom also provides these PAs as bare dies to volume SiP module makers for custom module design requirements. Epicom's latest 3G PA engineering samples and EVBs are immediately available per customers' request.
Epicom said it also plans to roll out new PAs for other 3G standards such as TD-SCDMA and CDMA 2000/EV-DO, and 4G standards including LTE and TD-LTE.
- EverFocus launches ECOR960 X1 16CH with better image quality and more affordable price
- Leadtek to Show Total Cloud Solutions at Computex Taipei 2013
- Clientron to exhibit its latest Zero/Thin Client and POS solutions along with the full product line at Computex Taipei 2013
- DIGIEVER partnership with EverFocus for better professional network surveillance solutions
- Advantech Introduces New 18" and 21" Widescreen Multitouch Panel PCs
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- ATO Solution Co., Ltd. to launch 1Gb SLC NAND Flash after 256Mb/512Mb mass production for the first time in Fab-less industry
- Chilisin's miniature power inductor in 0603/0805 sizes
- Chilisin introduces Thin-film chip inductor 0201 size
- Chilisin at 2012 electronics Munich A5/159 & 260
- Chilisin sunken-type molded power inductor for MXM Graphic application
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Chaintech, a motherboard/graphics card maker, which quit the market once and returned recently, has...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
In a relentless competition against rivals including Qualcomm, Nvidia and Media in the smartphone chipset...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...