- Imagination says third party IP becoming a key driving force for silicon vendors
- Enriching multiple MEMS applications for mobile devices
- Dialog Semiconductor expands into ultrabooks and all-in-one PCs with a new generation of multi-touch display sensor ICs
- Altera Cyclone V GT FPGA is industry first low-power FPGA to achieve compliance for PCIe Gen2 at 5 Gbps
- Digi-Key adds Califia Lighting to line card of more than 650 global suppliers
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- Chilisin's miniature power inductor in 0603/0805 sizes
- Chilisin introduces Thin-film chip inductor 0201 size
- Chilisin at 2012 electronics Munich A5/159 & 260
- Chilisin sunken-type molded power inductor for MXM Graphic application
- Coto Technology claims industry's smallest MEMS reed switch
- Silicon Labs introduces single-chip digital radio receivers for CE devices
- Memory makers see better profits as chip pricing improves
- Globalfoundries quietly becoming a threat to competitors
- Digitimes Research: Mobile devices to drive 2013 DRAM market
Samsung Electronics reportedly is looking to expand the purchase of memory products, including mobile DRAM chips and eMMC NAND devices, from outside.
Micron Technology and Elpida Memory's trustees have reached an agreement for Micron to acquire Elpida. Micron also announced a separate agreement with...
Taiwan-based DRAM chipmakers including Powerchip Technology and ProMOS Technologies are considering selling fabs in order to preserve cash and strengthen...
Specializing in the manufacture of memory chips and LCD panels, Samsung's component operations are undergoing a focus shift to advanced process design...
Spansion recently announced a joint development with United Microelectronics (UMC) to integrate its...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...