- Simplo posts strong profits for 2013
- Digitimes Research: Insufficient panel supplies to limit 2K-resolution smartphone penetration in 2014
- VIS to increase capital, acquire 8-inch fab
- LCD driver IC vendor UltraChip debuts on OTC market
- China exports 16GWp of PV modules in 2013
- Nanya Technology to reduce capital by 90%
- Linaro announces MediaTek as member
- Adlink Technology nets NT$2.43 per share for 2013
- Alpha Networks developing 24GHz sensors for use in car collision prevention
- Giga Solar Materials nets NT$12.24 per share for 2013
- Digitimes Research: GTAT may supply only 9.0-16.6% of iPhone sapphire screen covers in 2014
- ChipMOS to land more large-size LCD driver IC packaging orders in 2014
- AcBel Polytech likely to obtain orders from Tesla, says chairman
- Digitimes Research: 12-inch tablets facing development hurdles
- Analog IC vendor On-Bright reports strong profit growth for 2013
- AUO and Innolux rumored to be discussing merger possibilities
- Global TV market contracts for second straight year in 2013, says IHS
- Energy management for the hospitality industry to reach nearly US$970 million in annual market value by 2020, says firm
- Shipment ratio of 8-core smartphone solutions to be lower in 2014
- Touch panel makers continue to develop new metal mesh and nano-metal touch panels
- Global demand for HDDs used in security surveillance to grow 10% annually in 3-5 years, say Taiwan retailers
- Taiwan solar cell makers mull mergers in the wake of US anti-dumping probe
- China handset vendors will account for over 50% of mobile handset sales in 2015, says ABI Research
- Mobile market to be dominated by 64-bit mobile processors with 55% market share in 2018, says ABI Research
- China market: K-Touch launches secondary brand for smartphones
While Digitimes is known as a media outlet, the company also includes a business unit that solely focuses...
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
While Mozilla has offered Firefox OS for less than two years, the operating system based on HTML5 and...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...