- IoT to drive semiconductor growth, says TSMC co-CEO
- Two STATS ChipPAC subsidiaries in Taiwan merge
- Win Semi expects to post double-digit growth in 2Q15 sales
- GET to issue 150 million new shares for private placement
- 32-inch TV panel pricing expected to drop US$2-3 during late April, says WitsView
- BOE invests CNY3 billion to construct new 8.5G fab
- AUO to supply Apple with panels for iPhone, says report
- HTC in-car wireless device certified
- Trend Micro forms strategic alliance with GMobi, VMFive
- Taiwan mobile payments ecosystem lacking despite mature NFC supply chain
- China Mobile 1Q15 profits fall on year for 7th time straight
- China records LED lighting exports worth US$1.59 billion in January-February
- Acer founder to pass down shareholding to eldest son, hoping to bring added value to company
- Novatek 1Q15 sales disappoint
- Samsung Display considers moving LCM business to China or Vietnam, says report
- China top-6 vendors see TV shipments to markets abroad increase 16% in 1Q15
- Apple expected to adjust orders to upstream partners to maintain profits and reduce risks
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments shed 30% sequentially in 1Q15
- Taiwan forms Big Data Alliance
- Polysilicon prices outside China fall to US$16/kg
- ITRI to cooperate with US NIST to promote LED lighting
- The rise of the energy cloud signals a fundamental shift in the power segment, says Navigant
- JPEA hikes 2020 target cumulative PV installation capacity in Japan to 65.7GWp
- Applied intros photomask etch solution for quadruple patterning at 10nm and beyond
- Energy management for healthcare expected to exceed US$2 billion in annual revenues by 2024, says Navigant
Compal Electronics was one of the pioneers that relocated its major production base to China from Taiwan...
The development of network functions virtualization (NFV) solutions will become mature in 2015 and...
Despite years of enthusiasm for wireless charging technology, the market for wireless charging applications...
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...