- UMC begins construction of 12-inch fab in Xiamen
- Taiwan market: Bidding for new 4G band units to be less intense, says TWM president
- Supply chains shifting strategy due to weak notebook and tablet demand in Europe
- Taiwan university develops silicon slurry recycling process
- China-based MLS expects 2015 LED lighting revenues from US to hike 5-10 fold
- Unity Opto Technology sees booming orders for LED lighting
- MediaTek intros Helio family SoC for high-end smartphones
- Digitimes Research: Tianma expects new high-end display fabs to enter production in 2H15
- Green Energy Technology to not deal out dividend for 2014
- Smart building technology spending forecast to grow to US$17.4 billion in 2019, says IDC
- Catcher says no major damage in China plant fire
- Shipments for 5-inch displays with HD/Full HD resolution in China during February, says firm
- Kinpo Electronics expanding capacity at factory in Philippines, says paper
- Inotera puts capital reduction plans on hold
- Intel, Micron unveil new 3D NAND flash memory
- Global smart wearable entertainment devices and services market will top US$9.4 billion by 2019, says Technavio
- Global wind power installations increase 42% in 2014, says Navigant
- Worldwide integrated infrastructure and platform revenues rise 19.4% in 4Q14, says IDC
- Sapphire makers seeing strong orders in March
- Chicony achieves net profits of NT$4.08 billion in 2014; sees growing contribution from IoT products
- WPC chairman visits Taiwan to promote Qi wireless charging
- Genius Electronic Optical offers LED fishing lights
- Commentary: Automated production lines a priority for ODMs
- Epson estimates US$1 billion market for various printing technologies in 2015
- Taiwan market: Samsung launches Galaxy S6, S6 Edge
Compal Electronics was one of the pioneers that relocated its major production base to China from Taiwan...
The development of network functions virtualization (NFV) solutions will become mature in 2015 and...
Despite years of enthusiasm for wireless charging technology, the market for wireless charging applications...
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...