- TSMC sees follow-up IC orders for iPhone 6 devices
- Foxconn donates 3 smart classrooms in Taiwan
- MediaTek and Opera Software partner to extend consumer data plans
- LCD TV shipments expected to grow to 229 million in 2015
- China market: CNY500 4G smartphones expected to be launched by end of 2014, says China Mobile Device president
- Global semiconductor market expects over 3% on-year growth in 2015, says MIC
- Major Asia-Pacific markets have 60% of global solar PV demand in 2H14, says Solarbuzz
- Commentary: Korea vendors still hold hopes for OLED TVs but will it really become mainstream technology?
- China to ban sale and export of 60W incandescent bulbs, says paper
- Supply chains see orders from Motorola Mobility until 4Q14
- PCB makers to see HDI board lines at full capacity till year-end 2014
- Digitimes Research: Intel looking to promote x86 architecture to China chip designers
- CSOT holds opening ceremony for new 6G LTPS facilities
- Asustek aiming to achieve 15% on-year PC shipment growth
- Digitimes Research: Mobile DRAM bit growth rate to top 37.5% in 2H14
- Pegatron component subsidiary Asuspower to acquire equipment
- Demand response capacity is expected to increase more than 6-fold by 2023, says Navigant
- Taiwan panel makers see increased pressure from China in entry-level, mid-range segments
- China-based handset vendors unlikely to launch Android One smartphones
- AUO enters Sony SmartWatch 3 supply chain
- Homeowners expected to invest more than US$625 billion in residential generation and storage from 2014-2023, says Navigant
- Over 70% of China-based polysilicon makers unable to resume production
- Insyde to see increasing orders for Intel-based white-box tablets
- Digitimes Research: August LED bulb prices drop sequentially in China
- Worldwide smartwatch and wristband market poised for takeoff, says Gartner
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
As India's handset market is continuing to grow, local vendors including Lava, Spice, Intex and GI...
During Digitimes president Colley Hwang's recent trip to India, he had the opportunity to meet with...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...