- HDI board capacity utilization rates to rise in 2Q14
- Samsung, HTC, Sony Mobile likely to launch mini flagship models
- Nokia increases orders for on-cell touch panels to Taiwan
- Korea-based panel makers expected to start mass producing lower-cost Ultra HD TV panels in 2Q14
- Intel aggressively promoting tablet CPUs in China
- Mitac Information Technology becomes Asia Pacific partner for Google Cloud Platform
- Google Cloud Platform launched in Taiwan
- Taiwan PV firms suspend JV plan due to US antidumping probe
- Taiwan market: Acer to launch Liquid E3 smartphone
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan handset shipments drop 1.6% sequentially in 1Q14
- Yingli signs framework agreement with United PV for acquisition of 300MW solar plants
- Industrial electronics chip market rebounds, says IHS
- Windows tablets gaining traction in Japan
- Digitimes Research: ITO film price drop to slow metal mesh penetration in mid-size touch applications
- Taiwan PV module makers looking to orders from Japan vendors
- Micron, MediaTek likely to invest in Kingston Solutions
- AUO, LG considering to mass produce 42.5-inch LCD TV panels
- Touch panel makers see increased orders from China tablet and smartphone vendors
- Transcend March revenues up on month but down on year
- Some China polysilicon makers poised to expand capacities
- Digitimes Research: Global sapphire capacity to remain unchanged in 2014
- Taiwan market: WLAN device sales total US$17.9 million in 4Q13, says IDC
- HTC, Samsung to offer alternative chassis choices for flagship smartphones, say Taiwan makers
- Taiwan market: FET launches LTE smartphone
- Initial shipments of most new flagship smartphones running high, but Xperia Z2 in shortages
More and more players have made inroads into the MEMS microphone industry to cash in on the rising...
While Digitimes is known as a media outlet, the company also includes a business unit that solely focuses...
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...