- Qualcomm, MediaTek to vie for handset solution orders from Foxconn
- Apple reportedly planning 3 new tablets for 2017
- Xiaomi to launch notebook with magnesium-lithium chassis in 2017
- Testing equipment maker GPM to deliver PICA-based machines for verification in 2H17
- Pihsiang Machinery sets up 2MWp rooftop PV system in northeastern Taiwan
- MediaTek to post 15-20% revenue decrease in 1Q17
- Gemtek to invest in LoNaWAN solution provider TrackNet
- Digitimes Research: KDDI sets up smart drone platform, Rakuten Mobile launches drone
- Nanya sets price for ECB issue
- Worldwide semiconductor revenues grow 1.5% in 2016, says Gartner
- GaAs foundry Wavetek positive about compound semiconductor market
- Samsung, LG adopt thermal pipes for smartphones to be launched in 2017
- Gintech to raise additional paid-in capital of NT$1.204 billion
- Tatung starts operation of PV power stations at former landfill sites
- China adds PV installation capacity of 34.24GWp in 2016, says NEA
- VIA launches Custom IoT Platform Design Service
- Catcher to establish new subsidiary in China
- HTC to release new VR games, accessories to promote Vive
- Global shipments of OLED-equipped smartphones to exceed LCD ones in 2019, says DSCC
- TPV eyes 88 million display device shipments in 2017, says paper
- Lite-On Semi enters supply chain for next-generation iPhone, says report
- Samsung Exynos chips to power Audi in-vehicle infotainment
- Lite-On SSD shipments to be affected by tight supply of memory chips in 1Q17, says paper
- Software distributor GrandTech reports increased earnings for 4Q16
- TEEMA to assist member companies to expand market in ASEAN, says chairman
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Silicon Valley based Anaplan, a cloud-based planning and performance management platform provider,...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...