- TSMC begins tape-out of 10nm A11 chips for Apple
- Lextar expects LED lighting to drive 2016 growth
- KYEC posts record April revenues
- Digitimes Research: China vendors ship 128.6 million smartphones globally in 1Q16
- Casetek sees on-year growth in 1Q16 revenues
- FIH Mobile issues earnings warning on weak demand
- Alibaba 1Q16 operations up on year
- Faraday swings to profit in 1Q16
- Global Unichip net profit rise over 40% in 1Q16
- PTI to buy factory building from Epistar for NT$620 million
- PCB firm Apex reports increased April revenues
- Sinbon Electronics sees increased April revenues
- Acer to release more ultra-thin notebooks in September
- Gaming notebook, 2-in-1 markets to see more competition with entry of lower-tier players
- Quartz component maker TXC to increase capex for 2016
- Taiwan makers expect DLC v4.0 to boost LED light tube exports to US
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers ship 49.42 million large-size TFT-LCD panels in 1Q16
- Laster Tech to begin LED headlight production in July
- AUO to recruit 3,000 employees in Taiwan
- Taiwan April CPI rises, says DGBAS
- Yageo April revenues rise on-year
- SPIL April revenues down on-year
- HMI to see strong rebound in 2Q16, says report
- TPK Holding revenues decrease in April
- Realtek Semiconductor reports increased revenues for April
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
Buoyed by its ZenFone series smartphones, Asustek Computer has captured a portion of the global smartphone...
Notebook vendor Acer aims to ship at least five million smartphones in 2015 and plans to hike the shipments...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...