- AUO to increase production capacity at Taiwan 8.5G facilities
- PCB maker Unimicron conservative about 1Q15 business outlook
- Taiwan MOEA approves new investments at Kaohsiung Software Park
- SPIL 2014 profits almost double
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan sees increased 4Q14 digital camera shipments
- Digitimes Research: Global tablet shipments grow 16.9% sequentially in 4Q14
- China 2014 polysilicon imports hit record
- Facebook opens Taiwan office
- TacBright expects new TAC plant to go into operation in June
- AUO aims at 30% share in global curved Ultra HD TV panel shipments in 2015
- LCD monitor shipments total 133.6 million in 2014, down 6.6% on year, says firm
- Everlight to shift LED lighting focus from indoor applications to outdoor and commercial, says chairman
- TSEC to showcase P-type PERC monocrystalline solar cell at Japan Expo
- Smart LED lighting expected to see fast growing demand in 3-4 years, says Philips Taiwan head
- Memory suppliers account for more than 60% of 300mm wafer capacity, says IC Insights
- SPIL gearing up for fan-out WLP
- Asustek facing challenges in 2015
- EU may dismiss SolarWorld request for anti-circumvention probe again, say Taiwan makers
- Giga Solar Materials expects 50% growth for PV silver paste shipments in 2015
- Taiwan market: Samsung launches high-end smartphone Galaxy Note Edge
- HTC sponsors eSports teams Cloud 9, Team Liquid, Team SoloMid
- UMC looks to wafer shipment and ASP growth in 1Q15
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments drop 8.8% sequentially in 4Q14
- Digitimes Research: LG Chem showcases highest lumen-price ratio OLED lighting panel at Lighting Japan 2015
- Demand for fine-pitch LED display panels growing, but prices will fall, say Taiwan makers
Compal Electronics was one of the pioneers that relocated its major production base to China from Taiwan...
The development of network functions virtualization (NFV) solutions will become mature in 2015 and...
Despite years of enthusiasm for wireless charging technology, the market for wireless charging applications...
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...