- Qualcomm, MediaTek to vie for handset solution orders from Foxconn
- Apple reportedly planning 3 new tablets for 2017
- Xiaomi to launch notebook with magnesium-lithium chassis in 2017
- Testing equipment maker GPM to deliver PICA-based machines for verification in 2H17
- Pihsiang Machinery sets up 2MWp rooftop PV system in northeastern Taiwan
- MediaTek to post 15-20% revenue decrease in 1Q17
- Gemtek to invest in LoNaWAN solution provider TrackNet
- Digitimes Research: KDDI sets up smart drone platform, Rakuten Mobile launches drone
- Nanya sets price for ECB issue
- Worldwide semiconductor revenues grow 1.5% in 2016, says Gartner
- GaAs foundry Wavetek positive about compound semiconductor market
- Samsung, LG adopt thermal pipes for smartphones to be launched in 2017
- Gintech to raise additional paid-in capital of NT$1.204 billion
- Tatung starts operation of PV power stations at former landfill sites
- China adds PV installation capacity of 34.24GWp in 2016, says NEA
- LeEco to receive investment from China-based Sunac for CNY15 billion
- NSP plans to shift solar cell capacity from Malaysia to Vietnam
- Macroblock 2017 revenues to rise at least 10%
- VIA launches Custom IoT Platform Design Service
- Catcher to establish new subsidiary in China
- HTC to release new VR games, accessories to promote Vive
- Global shipments of OLED-equipped smartphones to exceed LCD ones in 2019, says DSCC
- TPV eyes 88 million display device shipments in 2017, says paper
- Lite-On Semi enters supply chain for next-generation iPhone, says report
- Samsung Exynos chips to power Audi in-vehicle infotainment
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...