- AUO completes largest rooftop PV system in Taiwan
- Nintendo expects to ship 20 million Switch devices in first year
- TEEMA forms automotive alliance
- ASE says no plan to set up local site in US for packaging services
- Robust GPP diode shipments to boost Lite-On Semi revenues
- Topco posts record profits in 2016
- ChipMOS Shanghai becomes JV between ChipMOS and Tsinghua Unigroup
- Teco sets up power charging station for Tesla Model S
- Asustek plans to spin off AR development team, says paper
- Jollywiz Digital Technology to tap markets in Southeast Asia
- Everlight Electronics nets NT$4.13 per share for 2016
- Lenovo to push smartphone sales in Asia Pacific
- Foxconn to hike Sharp TV panel capacity in Japan, says IHS Markit
- Global LCD TV panel shipments in February down on month, up on year, says WitsView
- Lenovo plans to offer 3-5 Mods smartphone accessories a quarter
- China Mobile 2016 net profit up 0.2% on year
- TSMC to start installing equipment at Nanjing fab in 2H17
- MLS to set up joint venture in US
- GET unveils light-weight PV modules
- Advantech modularizes manufacturing process at China factory
- Toshiba sees strong results from HDD and SSD businesses in 2016
- Winbond to deal out 16-year high dividend for 2016
- Taiwan market: CHT, MSOs upgrading fixed-line Internet-access services to 1Gbps, says paper
- TSMC to begin volume production of A11 chips in April, says paper
- Digitimes Research: 3G/4G to become mainstream technology in India in 2016-2017
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...