- Chip orders for notebooks from Huawei and Xiaomi falling, say sources
- Notebook players less keen to adopt USB Type C
- ET Solar, LONGi set up joint venture for PV module marketing
- OLED to become leading smartphone display technology in 2020, IHS says
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan ships over 269 million small- to medium-size panels in 2Q16
- HTC to face increasing competition in VR market in 2H16
- AimCore 2Q16 operations may turn profitable
- AUO reports operating profit for 2Q16
- Samsung likely to unveil Galaxy Note 7 on August 2
- Taiwan to be flexible in allocating frequency band for IoT, says minister
- State Power Investment procures 2.75GWp of PV modules
- PTI posts profit growth in 2Q16
- Realtek 2Q16 profits soar over 70%
- Component makers to see weak orders for tablets and wearables
- China may lower target PV installation capacity in 13th 5-year plan
- Win Semi looks to low single-digit revenue growth in 3Q16
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan smartphone ODM/OEM shipments drop in 2Q16
- E-sports expected to push demand for gaming notebooks, desktops in 2H16
- Hangzhou factories concerned about impact of air pollution controls during G20 Summit
- Passive component maker Prosperity Dielectrics reports increased earnings for 1H16
- Osram to sell lamp business unit to China-based consortium
- Digitimes Research: Launch of Android-based Pepper to ramp up market size
- Foxlink developing service-oriented robot products
- Young Optics suffers 1H16 net loss per share of NT$1.26
- POS device supplier Posiflex reports strong earnings for 1H16
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has been outspoken with his predictions about future technologies and products,...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...