- Insyde to see increasing orders for Intel-based white-box tablets
- Huawei, Lenovo looking to enhance presence in high-end smartphone segment
- LCD monitor shipments to reach 136 million in 2014 followed by 132 million in 2015
- 4G smartphone prices expected to fall to below US$100 in 1H15, say Taiwan makers
- LGD said to have sold joint venture to Compal
- Taiwan assigns too few band units for TDD, says SerComm president
- Foxconn promises assistance for ill workers in response to leukemia report
- Over 70% of China-based polysilicon makers unable to resume production
- Apple iPhone 6 products may suffer same dilemma as iPhone 5S/5C
- Digitimes Research: August LED bulb prices drop sequentially in China
- Industry observers hold different views on Ultra HD TV panel shipments in 2014
- Supply chains optimistic about wearable orders in 2014
- China market: 4G chipset market heading for price competition
- Intel appoints Gregory Bryant to handle global desktop platform business
- TV panels produced in China to meet nearly 60% of local demand in 2015, says report
- Digitimes Research: China panel makers shift 8.5G capacity to small- to mid-size applications
- Acer looking to reach five million BYOC users by end of 2014
- Taiwan solar cell makers hesitate about setting up production lines abroad
- Flexible PCB suppliers to see significant revenue growth in September
- Digitimes Research: Global tablet shipments to see 9.1% on-year growth in 3Q14
- TSMC forms IoT task force
- Qualcomm unveils Snapdragon 210 for entry-level 4G smartphones, tablets
- Solartech, Tainergy to set up solar cell capacities abroad
- Malaysia makers quote solar cells based on Taiwan pricing
- Glass wafers and interposers: What new Corning semiconductor technology means for the market
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
As India's handset market is continuing to grow, local vendors including Lava, Spice, Intex and GI...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...