- Digitimes Research: China smartphone vendors may favor local AMOLED suppliers over Samsung Display
- Smart LED lighting, high-end backlighting, IR devices to drive Unity Opto growth in 2017, says chairman
- Taiwan market: Seiko Epson launches Smart Canvas
- Component orders from AR/VR vendors still low in 2017
- UMC expects wafer shipments to drop 1% in 1Q17
- Samsung chip business posts record operating profits for 4Q16
- Giga Solar Materials to start production at factory in eastern China at end of March
- China market: Foxconn to produce bicycles for startup Mobike
- Solution vendors to start rolling out 5G chips in 2H17, say sources
- Brand vendors to launch smartphones with AI applications to ramp up sales in 2017
- UMC to start shipping 14nm chips in 1Q17
- China market: Future Mobility to build smart electric car plant in Nanjing
- Chilisin, Ralec to merge
- Chilisin to acquire ferrite cores maker Ferroxcube
- PTI 1Q17 sales to beat seasonal patterns, says president
- Foxconn considering setting up panel line in US, says chairman
- The synergy of NXP acquisition: An interview with Qualcomm president Derek Aberle
- China re-assessing subsidies for PV projects
- Foxconn Electronics to have Sharp produce 4K TV panels in Japan
- China polysilicon imports in January-November 2016 grow 18.2% on year, says CNMIA
- EIH cooperates with Texen to offer smart cosmetics packaging solution
- Worldwide semiconductor revenues to grow 7.2% in 2017, says Gartner
- Hua Hong to intro 3rd-gen super-junction MOSFET process in 1H17
- NOR flash prices rise, says report
- Taiwan December manufacturing production index up on month, year, says MOEA
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...