- Notebook orders from Russia decreasing, say Taiwan ODMs
- Japan smartphone panel makers bring price pressure on China and Taiwan competitors
- Demand for 8-inch fab equipment rises
- Qualcomm, MediaTek to diversify foundry sources, say industry watchers
- Global storage market to reach US$38 billion in 2014, says Western Digital
- LED modules to grow faster than packaged LEDs, says IHS
- Dow CMP pad plant in Taiwan to operate at full capacity in 2015
- Embedded memory module maker InnoDisk eyeing IoT, Big Data applications
- Xiaomi has difficulties expanding overseas, says report
- Taiwan market: LG launches 42- to 55-inch smart digital signage
- Taiwan market: FET expects 4G users to exceed 1 million by year end, says president
- Sony announces development of OLED display module for eyewear
- Yingli expresses disappointment at US PV tariffs decisions
- Taiwan science parks January-October total revenues up 3.61% on year, says MOST
- Unitech expands HDI-board capacity
- PV equipment book-to-bill ratio stays below parity in 3Q14, says SEMI
- IC design houses gearing up for 64-bit smartphone boom
- Firefox-based smartphones to enter Africa in 2015
- US finalizes anti-dumping tariffs on Taiwan-made solar cells
- Prices for 32-inch TV panels rising, say Taiwan makers
- Wintek to lay off 2,360 more workers this week
- Foxconn IT shopping mall in Taipei to open in March 2015
- Digitimes Research: Global LED light bulb shipments in 2015 to reach 1.81 billion units
- Worldwide integrated infrastructure and platform revenues increase 28.1% in 3Q14, says IDC
- Shipments of TEE-supporting processors to reach 366 million by end of 2014, says ABI Research
Despite years of enthusiasm for wireless charging technology, the market for wireless charging applications...
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
As India's handset market is continuing to grow, local vendors including Lava, Spice, Intex and GI...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...