- Xian SinoChip reportedly uses Powerchip foundry services
- TSMC Solar president reportedly to resign
- Sony Mobile to focus on high-end smartphones, will decrease ODM orders, say Taiwan makers
- Digitimes Research: Japan TV vendors see their proportion of 50-inch and above size Ultra HD TV sales drop
- Smartphone 4G solution prices to continue to fall in 1H15
- China CCM makers expanding capacities
- Digitimes Research: Intel cooperation with Fossil to develop smartwatches will help expand influence in wearables market
- Middle East and Africa PV market accumulates 12GW pipeline with strong growth potential, says Solarbuzz
- Worldwide capacity of next-generation advanced batteries expected to increase nearly 1,000-fold by 2023, says Navigant
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers continue to focus on a-Si panels for high-end smartphones
- LCD monitor, notebook panel pricing increases in September
- Notebook demand undermined by new Apple devices
- Taiwan August export order value slightly up on month, says MOEA
- Taiwan market: Meizu likely to launch smartphone MX4
- Tablet panel pricing for 7-inch units remains flat in mid-September
- LTPS panel technology currently sees oversupply in the market
- TSMC, UMC ramping wafer production capacity in China
- Asustek, Gigabyte unlikely to achieve motherboard shipment goals for 3Q14
- Cree accuses Harvatek, Kingbright of patent infringement in US
- Tyntek to downsize capital by 33.73%
- Foxconn Brazil plant resumes production
- China turns out 18.0GWp of solar-grade silicon wafers in 1H14, says CPIA
- Global solar cell demand in 2014 estimated at 40GWp, say Taiwan makers
- Digitimes Research: Alibaba faced with difficulties expanding overseas
- Pulsed RF power semiconductor device markets to exceed US$300 million by 2019, says ABI Research
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
As India's handset market is continuing to grow, local vendors including Lava, Spice, Intex and GI...
During Digitimes president Colley Hwang's recent trip to India, he had the opportunity to meet with...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...