- iPad supply chain makers likely to report disappointing 1Q17 sales
- Industrial robot makers expanding capacity
- Transition to 18-inch wafers remains years away, says Applied
- TSMC on track to move 5nm to risk production in 1H19
- Ability Opto-Electronics sees earnings improve significantly in 2016
- Samsung steps up cooperation with China-based handset suppliers
- WPG expects sales to recover starting 2Q17
- VIS expects to post up to 5% revenue decrease in 1Q17
- Asustek likely to unveil new 2-in-1 model at MWC 2017
- HTC aims high while LG look low in India smartphone market
- AMD to release Ryzen in March with initial shipments to top 1 million
- Harvatek showcases transparent LED display at Smart City Summit & Expo 2017
- Epistar to produce VCSELs
- Intel pushing new 5G chip
- LG Display may become supplier to Samsung
- AUO undaunted by China competition, says chairman
- Xiaomi likely to unveil in-house developed CPUs on February 28
- MWC 2017 set for a new round of competition for smartphones
- Taiwan maintains largest share of global IC wafer fab capacity, says IC Insights
- Taiwan January unemployment rate down, says DGBAS
- Taiwan January manufacturing production index down on month, up on year, says MOEA
- UMC enters mass production for 14nm chips
- MediaTek gross margin unlikely to recover
- GPU shipments total 100 million in 4Q16, says John Peddie
- Samsung launches 10nm Exynos 9-series processor
Germany's Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology as well as Committee on Foreign Investment in...
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...