- Corning net income rises 34% on year in 3Q16
- UMC 14nm FinFET ready for production in 2Q17
- Component shortages putting pressure on smartphone players
- Nanya 3Q16 profits jump; Inotera turns profitable
- PC demand to enjoy growth thanks to new processors from AMD and Intel
- Epileds and High Power Lighting cooperate to offer UV-C LED products
- UMC 28nm technology accounts for 21% of 3Q16 revenues
- China market: Xiaomi unveils 2 flagship smartphones
- Acer pushing new projects, says CEO
- Microsoft to partner with Changhua government to push cloud for education
- KYEC posts another quarter of record profits
- Nvidia to sell Titan X via channel partners instead of graphics card players
- Micro LED technology stands 50% chance of success, says EOSRL head
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers ship 309 million small- to mid-size panels in 3Q16
- Lextar developing human-centric lighting with Europe vendors
- Apple announces fiscal 4Q16 results
- HTC losses narrow for 3Q16
- Demand for handset-use panels to remain strong until end of 2016
- Nichia accuses HTC Japan-based subsidiary of infringing on white LED patents
- Black Cattle Food sets up 6G AMOLED factory in China
- Taichung City adopts LED smart lighting solutions from Philips
- Phison reports strong pre-tax earnings for 3Q16
- Alchip to set up subsidiary in Hefei
- Global smartwatch shipments decline 51.6% on year in 3Q16, says IDC
- Digitimes Research: Japan CE market sees decreased DSLR sales, focus on VR, takeoff of drone demand in 3Q16
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has been outspoken with his predictions about future technologies and products,...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...