- Worldwide smartphone shipments increase 25.2% in 3Q14, tablet shipments increase 11.5%, says IDC
- Innolux to continue to invest in a-Si and IGZO technologies, says chairman
- LCD TV sales expected to reach 5 million during holiday period in North America
- MLS, Unity Opto expand LED lighting capacities
- ASE nets NT$1.98 per share for January-September
- More notebook brands shifting focus to gaming models, say sources
- Digitimes Research: Skylake processor delay to weaken Windows 10 notebook demand
- EU mulling anti-circumvention measures on Asia solar exports, says report
- Ultra HD TV shipments to reach 30 million in 2015, says Innolux
- Hermes Microvision posts January-September net EPS of NT$25.13
- Walton, Powertech to see slight drops in 4Q14 revenues
- Contrel invests in PSS production using soft mask photolithography
- Taiwan market: BenQ aims to sell 20,000 curved Full HD WCG TVs in 2015; Ultra HD TV penetration to reach 5%
- Macronix posts net losses of NT$1.1 billion for 3Q14
- Taiwan ODMs, component makers eye orders from China mid-range, high-end smartphone vendors
- Majority of Ultra HD panels shipped in 4Q14 to be low-price 50-inch models
- Commentary: Calculating the cost of GamerGate, many losers, 2 potential big winners
- Inspection service company Sporton reports strong performance for 3Q14
- Project Ara modularized smartphone to enter commercial production in 2015
- Coretronic expects 4Q14 BLU shipments to drop slightly
- Delta Electronics 3Q14 net profit hits record
- Quanta said to be main supplier of Google Project Ara
- MOEA conditionally approves Sanan Optoelectronics stake in Epistar
- Flip Chip technology expected to be used in more LED TVs released in 2015
- China September polysilicon imports hit record, says CNIA
US-based Cree will invest US$83 million to take a 13.32% stake in Taiwan-based Lextar Electronics,...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
While mid-power LED chips account for only a small proportion of LED lighting currently, the proportion...
GaN-on-Si is a new technology that has the potential to replace sapphire substrates in the LED supply...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2007
In addition to pure display makers such as Amtran, Chi Mei, HANNspree, Taiwan-based home appliance makers such as Tatung, Proton, Kolin, several major IT makers...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2006
Taiwan-based display makers come from a variety of areas in the IT industry, from Compal, which is best known for producing notebooks, to Premier, which also produces...