- Avago to buy Broadcom for US$37 billion
- Digitimes Research: Six 2-in-1 Chromebooks scheduled for 2015 to tackle non-education markets
- CSOT starts producing 55-inch Full HD TV panels at 2nd 8.5G factory
- TSMC to beat Samsung in 10nm race
- China market: Foxconn launches smart electric car rental service
- Flat panel display equipment spending forecast to reach US$9 billion in 2015, says IHS
- PC shipments will continue to decline in 2015, says IDC
- Lextar expects capacity utilization to rise to 80-90% in 3Q15
- Taiwan to talk with EU about PV circumvention probe
- China LCD TV vendors plan to procure 27-28 million Taiwan-produced panels in 2015, says CVIA executive
- China April polysilicon imports up 5.8% on month, says CNIA
- Advantech developing IoT base in northern Taiwan
- Xilinx working with TSMC on 7nm chips
- Panasonic to add BLU production lines at plants in Mexico and Brazil
- NXP to sell RF power amplifier unit to JAC Capital for US$1.8 billion
- Digitimes Research: Global smartphone shipments in 2015 to reach 1.368 billion units
- TSMC to triple 16nm chip capacity by end-2016, says co-CEO
- Foxconn to build supply chain financial service system
- Demand for overclocking surges in the face of declining desktop market, says HWinsights
- Taiwan solar cell makers under pressure of upgrading technology
- MediaTek to expand workforce in 2015
- LED lighting peak to come in 2018: Q&A with MLS president Lawrence Lin
- Taiwan ODMs to snap up all orders for next generation iPhone, say sources
- Prices declining for 4-inch PSS
- Protests over Hydis factory shutdowns continue in Taiwan
Global demand for LED lighting will peak in 2018, with LED applications to acount for 70% of all lighting...
With the global LED lighting application market taking off, and business opportunities emerging fast,...
US-based Cree will invest US$83 million to take a 13.32% stake in Taiwan-based Lextar Electronics,...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2007
In addition to pure display makers such as Amtran, Chi Mei, HANNspree, Taiwan-based home appliance makers such as Tatung, Proton, Kolin, several major IT makers...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2006
Taiwan-based display makers come from a variety of areas in the IT industry, from Compal, which is best known for producing notebooks, to Premier, which also produces...