- Intel investments in Tsinghua may benefit China over processor development
- Digitimes Research: Bit demand for non-PC DRAM to grow 38% on year in 2H14
- China market: China-based vendors may surpass international vendors in TD-LTE smartphone shipments
- China vendors are furthering their influence in the entry-level handset market with CNY1,000 handsets
- Quanta to establish service center in Europe for server orders
- Microgrid enabling technologies expected to exceed US$26 billion in annual revenues by 2023, says Navigant
- Wintek considering selling facilities abroad to improve finances
- HTC to launch its M8 Life flagship smartphone in 4Q14
- Lenovo to finish acquisition of IBM server business; still needs 6 months for internal reorganization
- Taiwan holds green energy investment forum
- LG slashes pricing for 55-inch OLED TV to US$3,775, says report
- TSMC launches ultra-low power technology platform for IoT and wearable device applications
- Taiwan market: FET leads in 4G user base at end of August
- Peripheral makers to benefit from iPhone 6 Plus bending issue
- Profits to rise for high-efficiency cell producers, says report
- More Taiwan-based IC design houses to step into fingerprint sensor market
- Handset supply chains expect to see limited orders from China during 4Q14
- Ultra HD TV penetration rate expected at around 30% during October 1 period in China
- China foundry houses wooing orders from Taiwan IC suppliers
- Motech subsidiary lands 22MWp of PV module order from China
- KMX asks US to re-define PV products subject to anti-dumping, anti-subsidization tariffs
- Taiwan market: LG introduces G Tablet 8.0 LTE
- TFT LCD vehicle display shipments to reach 85 million in 2014, says report
- Large-size panel shipments increase to 70.67 million in August 2014, says report
- ITRI licenses STOBA to Taiwan Mitsui Chemicals for explosion-proof Li batteries
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
While mid-power LED chips account for only a small proportion of LED lighting currently, the proportion...
GaN-on-Si is a new technology that has the potential to replace sapphire substrates in the LED supply...
Despite the fact the penetration rate of LED backlight units (BLUs) in TVs has been increasing continuously,...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2007
In addition to pure display makers such as Amtran, Chi Mei, HANNspree, Taiwan-based home appliance makers such as Tatung, Proton, Kolin, several major IT makers...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2006
Taiwan-based display makers come from a variety of areas in the IT industry, from Compal, which is best known for producing notebooks, to Premier, which also produces...