- AOpen competes for digital signage orders, says chairman
- Foxconn invests in smartphone-rental service provider in Hong Kong, says paper
- US court fines Epistar US$9.3 million for patent infringement
- Tongwei setting up 5GWp solar cell plant in western China
- Taiwan notebook makers seeking lower chip quotes for 2016
- D-Link scores points in marketing smart home devices in Europe
- Global LED shipment volume, value to grow in 2016, says Nichia executive
- More China firms developing own ARM-based chips
- Touch panel makers reducing capital in light of competition
- Samsung to add IoT support in all products in 2020
- Sales of commercial TVs drop in China during 3Q15, says firm
- China-based Luxshare becoming threat to Taiwan connector makers, says paper
- BenQ Medical Technology expects continued growth in exports
- Asustek eyes 30% share in Southeast Asia notebook market in 2016, says paper
- Apple tells supply chains it will use OLED in upcoming iPhones, says report
- Tsinghua Unigroup seeking investment in SK Hynix, says report
- Digitimes Research: Korea makers to mass produce transparent OLED displays in 2016
- Taiwan market: Acer expects strong sales for Predator gaming notebooks during IT Month
- TSMC raises holdings in affiliate Xintec
- TSMC may raise dividend for 2016
- Samsung starts mass production of 128GB DDR4 modules for enterprise servers
- Intel unveils 2016 tablet processor road map, say Taiwan makers
- Open bids for 2,500-2,600MHz bands increase to NT$23.1 billion, says NCC
- Commentary: Taiwan IC backend firms facing challenge from fast expanding China competitors
- LCD TV shipments to increase under 2% in 2016, says WitsView
Notebook vendor Acer aims to ship at least five million smartphones in 2015 and plans to hike the shipments...
The acquisition of Freescale by NXP Semiconductors will make NXP the world's second largest MCU supplier...
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...