- Samsung intros 128GB UFS storage for smartphones
- China releases FDD-LTE licenses to China Telecom, China Unicom
- China January mobile phone user base grows to 1.290 billion, says MIIT
- AcBel Polytech to deal out cash dividend of NT$1.60
- Universal Display reports 2014 performance
- Digitimes Research: Tablet AP shipments to China drop 7.7% on year
- Longer blades and new materials are affecting the global wind turbine manufacturing industry, says Navigant
- MWC 2015: Acer showcasing new mobile devices
- HTC unveils HTC M9 flagship, wearable devices HTC Grip, HTC Vive
- CNY1,000 Full HD smartphones a major focus for China vendors in 2015
- MediaTek founds investment arm with US$300 million
- Everlight Electronics reportedly to merge with Edison Opto
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan shipments of touch panels used in handsets and tablets to drop in 1Q15
- Competition increasing between first-tier China, Taiwan solar cell makers
- Chunghwa Telecom sets up OTT task force
- Compal 4Q14 net EPS hits 16-quarter high
- TSMC, MediaTek move up in semiconductor R&D, says IC Insights
- Microsoft increasing orders to China makers
- First-tier China solar cell makers expected to have 1.0-1.2GWp PERC capacity
- Nearly 700MW of energy storage capacity has been announced in from 3Q14-1Q15, says Navigant
- Epistar 1Q15 gross margin expected to rebound to 20%
- Digitimes Research: Global LED lighting demand in 2015 valued at nearly US$30 billion
- Galaxy S6 sales to outperform its predecessors, says Samsung Taiwan executive
- Taiwan Chinsan 2015 sales to rise 20%
- Taiwan to release more 4G frequency bands in 3Q15
Compal Electronics was one of the pioneers that relocated its major production base to China from Taiwan...
The development of network functions virtualization (NFV) solutions will become mature in 2015 and...
Despite years of enthusiasm for wireless charging technology, the market for wireless charging applications...
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...