- SPIL to perform better than expected in 1Q14
- Taiwan PC vendors facing brain drain
- More handset makers joining WP camp
- Asia Optical pays over US$33 million to settle patent disputes with Kodak
- Aleo as competitive as China PV module makers, says SAS chairman
- Utility spending on asset management and grid monitoring technology will reach nearly US$50 billion through 2023, says firm
- Retailers in China drop LCD TV pricing by 30%
- HannStar Display small- to mid-size panel shipments shrink in February
- Apex to ramp up TV board shipments in 2014
- High-concentration solar PV systems to reach greater efficiencies, boosting appeal against conventional solutions, says IHS
- MEA tablet market sees explosive growth on back of strong consumer and corporate demand, says IDC
- Synnex Technology February revenues down on month, up on year
- Taiwan February export value down on month, up on year, says MOF
- US ITC names 5 Taiwan solar cell makers as candidate respondents in anti-dumping probe, sources say
- ASE reports decreased revenues for February
- Innolux reports declined performance in February
- AUO reports on-month decline in February revenues
- MediaTek revenues hit all time high in February
- Neo Solar, Gintech, GET see sequential drops in February revenues
- Corning to transfer Gorilla Glass production to Korea
- Winbond February sales rise 17%
- Asustek expected increase orders for smartphone components in March
- Digitimes Research: Notebook players see on-month shipment drop in February
- HP, Dell in talks with server makers about cooperation
- Digitimes Research: Google to get the brunt of dual OS tablets while Microsoft to benefit the most
While Digitimes is known as a media outlet, the company also includes a business unit that solely focuses...
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
While Mozilla has offered Firefox OS for less than two years, the operating system based on HTML5 and...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...