- China handset supply chain to delay IC purchases till 2Q15, say sources
- TSMC has to find long-term perspective for China investment, says Chang
- Worldwide CE market forecast to grow 4.5% in 2014, says Futuresource
- WP phones market share to continue dropping before arrival of new model
- China government to end financial aids to LED makers
- Taiwan, China notebook vendors halt notebook sales in Russia, report says
- Pegatron to probe China plant over worker mistreatment claims
- Compal expects good returns on JV deal with Lenovo, says report
- Taiwan November unemployment rate down, says DGBAS
- Apple supply chain preparing for new MacBook Air and Apple Watch
- China Mobile aims at 250 million TD-LTE users by end of 2015, says chairman
- WCG Ultra HD models to be TV sales promotion focus in 2015, say Taiwan makers
- International vendors to launch QD LCD TVs in 2015, say Taiwan makers
- Toshiba and SK Hynix end lawsuit, to expand collaboration
- LED modules to grow faster than packaged LEDs, says IHS
- Xiaomi has difficulties expanding overseas, says report
- Japan smartphone panel makers bring price pressure on China and Taiwan competitors
- Demand for 8-inch fab equipment rises
- Yingli expresses disappointment at US PV tariffs decisions
- PV equipment book-to-bill ratio stays below parity in 3Q14, says SEMI
- US finalizes anti-dumping tariffs on Taiwan-made solar cells
- Prices for 32-inch TV panels rising, say Taiwan makers
- Dow CMP pad plant in Taiwan to operate at full capacity in 2015
- Worldwide integrated infrastructure and platform revenues increase 28.1% in 3Q14, says IDC
- Shipments of TEE-supporting processors to reach 366 million by end of 2014, says ABI Research
Despite years of enthusiasm for wireless charging technology, the market for wireless charging applications...
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
As India's handset market is continuing to grow, local vendors including Lava, Spice, Intex and GI...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...