- Apple reportedly begins to reduce orders for iPhone 7, say sources
- Tatung signs with Taipei to set up rooftop PV systems
- ChipMOS and Tsinghua Unigroup to form joint venture in Shanghai
- Leading China smartphone vendors reportedly to form consortium to secure AMOLED supply, say reports
- Intel to push SSD products for 4 major markets in 2017
- Delta, Furukawa land heat-pipe orders from LG, say Taiwan makers
- Solenoid maker Tai Shing to list on OTC
- TSMC lands new 28nm chip orders for UFS controllers
- Global 4G smartphone shipments to top 1 billion units in 2016, says IDC
- Genius Electronic Optical settles patent lawsuit with Largan Precision
- MediaTek expects gross margin to rise in 2017
- Global 3Q16 NAND flash market posts 19.6% increase, says DRAMeXchange
- FPCB maker Ichia sees increased November revenues
- Falling smartphone IC ASPs discouraging device vendors from developing chips in-house
- Unity Opto to raise additional capital of NT$774.3 million
- Panasonic to produce OLED-equivalent LCD panels
- E Ink Holdings unable to resume operations of Hydis factory
- About 6 polysilicon makers expected to be forced out of global market, says Bernreuter Research
- Japan market: 3Q16 solar cell, PV module shipments down 13%, 6% on year, says JPEA
- Ko Ja developing micro LED-based luminous keyboards, logo backlighting
- Taiwan market: Mitac launches smart wrist band
- beingNet Alliance to collaborate with partners to develop IoB solutions for agriculture, medical care
- PC market outlook improves mildly with faster shift to slim and convertible models, says IDC
- China market: B2C transaction value tops CNY708 billion in 3Q16, says Analysys
- Sharp Jusda Logistics becomes subsidiary of Jusda in Japan
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...