- MediaTek remains calm on Qualcomm price reduction
- FPC obtains design-wins for fingerprint sensor in China
- Taiwan IC design houses aim to land more tablet IC orders from brand vendors
- TSMC June revenues down slightly, but 2Q14 sales hit all-time high
- High-end smartphone component supply may be tight approaching release of new iPhone
- Notebook ODMs expect 5-10% growth in 3Q14 shipments
- Two polarizer makers post mixed results for June
- Intel to unveil 14nm processors and 10nm wafers at IDF San Francisco
- Solargiga Energy plans to hike revenue proportions for PV modules, PV system installation, says CEO
- Chunghwa Telecom nets NT$2.69 per share for January-June
- Handset vendors expected to continue releasing large-size units ranging from 5- to 6-inch in 2H14
- Quanta Computer ships 4.3 million notebooks in June
- Lighting-use LED market scale to reach US$4.88 billion in 2014, says LEDinside
- Young Optics reports over 6% on-year increase in June revenues
- HannStar reports over 30% decline in June revenues
- Digitimes Research: China market sees mixed LED bulb pricing trend in June
- Compal and Wistron to evenly share Dell consumer notebook orders for 2015
- Young Fast reports 33.45% decline in revenues for June 2014
- Epistar June revenues hit record for 4th time straight
- Lite-On Technology sees increased June revenues
- US Court rejects AUO appeal
- Foxconn June revenues increase
- Pegatron sees increased June revenues
- Genesis Photonics June revenues down sequentially
- D.Phone raises nearly HK$900 million via IPO in Hong Kong
MediaTek has taken up to 60% of the 3G handset solution market in China, pushing the market value of...
Intel president Renee James, during a recent interview, told Digitimes that the company and its partners...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
Smart devices including PCs, tablets and smartphones are changing people's life. In 2013, 2.32 billion...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...