- Panel makers see orders increase for large-size, high-resolution smartphone panels
- Digitimes Research: Global tablet shipments to see 9.1% on-year growth in 3Q14
- Intel launches digital signage turnkey solutions
- Demand for notebook components in 3Q14 short of expectations
- Qualcomm unveils Snapdragon 210 for entry-level 4G smartphones, tablets
- Solartech, Tainergy to set up solar cell capacities abroad
- TSMC forms IoT task force
- Digitimes Research: Market share of smartphone brands to undergo significant changes in 4Q14
- Pico solar and solar home systems expected to reach US$2.1 billion in annual revenues by 2024, says Navigant
- Smartphone panel pricing expected to dip during mid-September
- China demand to bring Ultra HD TV shipments to 14 million in 2014, says report
- Apple expected to release new high-resolution monitors in 4Q14, says WitsView
- Primax Electronics to expand audio device, CCM capacities in China
- Wintek announces decline in August revenues
- Malaysia makers quote solar cells based on Taiwan pricing
- Glass wafers and interposers: What new Corning semiconductor technology means for the market
- First-tier IC vendors enjoy strong sales in August but second-tier suppliers see fluctuations
- Component suppliers preparing parts for production of 80 million iPhone 6s before year-end 2014
- Everlight Electronics August revenues hit record
- OLAF to probe Taiwan PV makers suspected of helping China firms evade import restrictions
- Market demand for lower-priced notebooks buoyant in 3Q14, says MIC
- Foxconn reports slight sequential revenue gains for August
- Nichidenbo to increase its stake in Lipers
- Acer sees 18.9% on-month revenue growth in August
- Digitimes Research: Top-5 notebook vendors and top-3 ODMs see 5-10% on-month shipment growth in August
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
As India's handset market is continuing to grow, local vendors including Lava, Spice, Intex and GI...
During Digitimes president Colley Hwang's recent trip to India, he had the opportunity to meet with...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...