- ASE wastewater scandal to not affect handset chipset supplies in short term, say vendors
- Three China-based handset vendors increase component deliveries
- Google starts using Internet data center in Taiwan
- AMD slashes desktop CPU prices
- Brand vendors to back down from releasing touchscreen conventional notebooks in 2014
- Passive component supplier Nichidenbo sales up slightly in November
- Taiwan market: Asustek launches PadFone mini
- CCI steps into marketing non-notebook heat-sink devices
- ASE apologizes for discharging toxic wastewater
- Compal acquires new enterprise notebook orders for 2014 from HP
- PCB equipment supplier Csun braces for strong sales in 1Q14
- Suntech announces update on subsidiary share transfers and restructuring process
- 64-bit smartphones to be ushered in 2014, say sources
- Concentrated PV solar installations set to boom, says IHS
- Alcatel-Lucent sets up innovation center in Taiwan
- Innolux to produce 75-inch Ultra HD TV panels
- AUO November large-size panel shipments up 13% on month
- Genesis Photonics looks to LED street lamp demand in China
- Epistar sees increased November revenues
- Xilinx begins delivering 20nm chips
- TSMC builds up bumping capacity
- Copper foil prices to continue dropping in 1Q14
- Global LCD TV shipments to fall 1.7% in 2013, but grow 3% in 2014, says WitsView
- Intel Labs cooperates with Asustek to improve cloud computing storage
- Taiwan Intelligent Aerotropolis Industry Alliance formed
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
OCZ Technology shifted its corporate focus away from legacy DRAM memory modules in 2011, and has since...
Disappointing sales of high-end smartphones and other unfavorable factors have discouraged PCB makers...
Win Semiconductors was named the world's top pure-play gallium arsenide (GaAs) IC foundry in 2009,...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...