- International smartphone chip vendors enhance development of tablet chips
- Handset panel module price quotes estimated to drop 10% in 4Q14
- Asustek expects at least NT$2 billion in profits from handset business in 2015
- High-end 27- to 32-inch monitors becoming new focus for vendors
- Commentary: China ODM services increasing as local vendors aim to cut costs and expand handset lineups
- Digitimes Research: Lenovo starts price-cut competition for 7-, 8-inch tablets
- Digitimes Research: Japan new fund raising policy to provide positive benefit to crowd funding market
- Tera Xtal cancels plan to raise additional capital
- SAS obtains Taiwan patent for polycrystalline silicon wafer process
- VIS hiking production at 8-inch fab
- China market: Clevo opens 24th Buynow store
- Huawei Technologies developing 5G technology
- TPK to see improved performance in 4Q14 due to Apple orders
- Tablet vendors developing models for education, business, gaming applications to boost growth in 2015
- Digitimes Research: Price pressure on DRAM chips to ease in 4Q14
- Taiwan, Japan LED makers to face price competition from China, says Nichia executive
- TSMC to start production of 16nm process products in 2Q15
- TV panel makers expect healthy shipments to China throughout 1Q15
- Apple introduces 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display
- Neo Solar Power subsidiary setting up PV system in UK
- LED lighting demand weak in 4Q14
- Digitimes Research: GTAT woes disrupt sapphire industry
- Clevo to ship 1.85-1.9 million notebooks in 2014, says paper
- Worldwide revenues for marketing software solutions growing to more than US$32 billion in 2018, says report
- Taiwan 3Q14 international Internet bandwidth rises to over 1.4Tbps, says TWNIC
MediaTek has taken up to 60% of the 3G handset solution market in China, pushing the market value of...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
Until recently, Vitesse Semiconductor saw its core market as being the carrier Ethernet market, particularly...
Intel was one of the main driving forces behind the consumer PC era of desktops and notebooks, but...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...