- Global handset demand likely to disappoint in 2015, say Taiwan IC design houses
- MediaTek reportedly uses TSMC 20nm process to manufacture 10-core chip solutions
- Over 60 million iPhone 6s to be shipped in 2Q15, say Taiwan makers
- Silicon Motion to acquire China PCIe SSD firm
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers small- to medium-size panels drop over 19% in 1Q15
- Digitimes Research: Smartphone AP shipments in China to grow over 17% sequentially in 2Q15
- Taiwan market: Samsung unveils entry-level tablet Galaxy Tab A
- Solar firms cooperate to develop PERC mono-like cells
- Acer will compete in PC market to the last, says CEO
- Digitimes Research: Global tablet shipments in 1Q15 down 35.3% on quarter
- CSOT launches new 8.5G fab estimated to bring over US$3 billion a year in revenues
- Everlight wins against Nichia in US patent infringement suit
- Samsung surpasses Innolux to hold leading position in 4K TV panel shipments
- Epistar, Lextar see increasing orders from LED lighting vendors
- Digitimes Research: Global notebook shipments to grow 11% sequentially in 2Q15
- AMD to launch Godavari APUs at end of May, say Taiwan makers
- China sees large global PV production market share in 2014, says CCID Think Tank
- Wireless charging module makers to offer dual- or multi-mode solutions, say Taiwan makers
- Commentary: Can Sharp improve its performance from increased presence in China?
- Osram to transfer general lighting lamps business into independent legal structure
- China 2014 PV product exports worth US$16.2 billion
- HMI 1Q15 profits hit lowest in 10 quarters
- Middle East pay TV market boom fastest globally, says IHS
- Communications and computer systems to drive IC sales across all regions, says IC Insights
- Applied chairman among candidates for TSMC board of directors
With the global LED lighting application market taking off, and business opportunities emerging fast,...
US-based Cree will invest US$83 million to take a 13.32% stake in Taiwan-based Lextar Electronics,...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
While mid-power LED chips account for only a small proportion of LED lighting currently, the proportion...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2007
In addition to pure display makers such as Amtran, Chi Mei, HANNspree, Taiwan-based home appliance makers such as Tatung, Proton, Kolin, several major IT makers...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2006
Taiwan-based display makers come from a variety of areas in the IT industry, from Compal, which is best known for producing notebooks, to Premier, which also produces...