- China-based IC design houses land fingerprint sensor orders from China handset vendors
- New Wintel platforms may impact 4Q14 PC demand
- Quanta Changshu plants preparing for Apple Watch mass production
- Windows 10 expected to have limited effect on boosting notebook demand
- Tablet demand slows as competition from notebooks and smartphones increases, says DisplaySearch
- Leadframe maker Jih Lin expects to post EPS of NT$3 in 2014
- Leadtek unveils wearable device for healthcare
- Large-size panel shipments to surpass 600 million in 2015, says report
- BLU makers Forhouse, BriView complete merger
- Japan Patent Office to cut examination process to five months
- Taiwan market: Chunghwa Telecom to launch NFC mobile payment services
- Percentage of 5.5-inch smartphone panels shipped to China increasing
- Touch panel makers see shipments for thin-film touch panels increase
- Grid-scale energy storage systems launched in 2013-2014 total more than 360MW, says Navigant
- Digitimes Research: China 4G smartphone demand fails to surge; CoolPad, Lenovo, Xiaomi unlikely to achieve 2014 targets
- Latin America and Caribbean region to install 9GW of solar PV within 5 years, says Solarbuzz
- China-based foundry house XMC ties up with Spansion to develop 3D NAND flash chips
- TSMC, ARM announce silicon validation of ARM Cortex CPUs on 16nm FinFET process
- Neo Solar subsidiary sells PV power-generating stations to Chailease
- China PV module makers set tough terms for Taiwan cell makers
- IC design houses to ramp up rapid charge controller ICs
- Taiwan solar cell makers adopt mixed price adjustments
- Digitimes Research: No mid-range digital cameras priced at US$300-400 launched globally in 3Q14
- China telecom subsidy changes spur declines in smartphone display prices, says DisplaySearch
- Samsung to host Tizen developer conference in China
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
AMD has been reorganizing its businesss, such as moving its desktop business headquarters to Beijing,...
Intel president Renee James, during a recent interview, told Digitimes that the company and its partners...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...