- Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers to see strong shipments to smartphone, tablet, notebook segments in 2014
- Pegatron chairman takes over TCA
- Wistron expects 60% of 2014 revenues generated from non-notebook products
- Inspection tool maker HMI to post another record sales quarter
- ITRI to cooperate with UL to set up fuel cell testing laboratory
- Inotera to raise funding
- UMC board approves capex for 28nm capacity expansion
- VIA likely to post smaller loss for 2013
- Japan Display to acquire Taiwan LCM maker and establish new subsidiary in China
- TPK defers equipment installation at joint venture factory
- TV demand expected to rebound in March-April 2014
- ChipMOS to nearly halve capex for 2014
- Global PV installation capacity to reach 40GWp in 2014, says BOE
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone sales to top 436 million units in 2014
- Epistar to increase investments in two China subsidiaries
- China-based handset vendors creating secondary brands
- Inventec to push cloud computing and solar businesses for 2014-2016, says chairman
- Vizio releases majority of 2014 TV ODM orders to TPV and Wistron
- ITRI transfers DSSC technology to Formosa Plastics
- Networked medical device sales to exceed 14 million units in 2018, says Parks Associates
- Chip resistor maker Ralec 2013 EPS to reach NT$4.70
- Big brand tablet installed base to surpass 285 million, says ABI Research
- North America semiconductor equipment industry posts book-to-bill ratio of 1.11 in November 2013, says SEMI
- PCB maker Apex 2013 revenues to grow more than 10%
- Sequans adopts Imagination MIPS Aptiv CPUs for LTE products
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
While Mozilla has offered Firefox OS for less than two years, the operating system based on HTML5 and...
Cavendish Kinetics recently announced the availability of production samples of its tunable RF capacitors...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...