- iPad supply chain makers likely to report disappointing 1Q17 sales
- Industrial robot makers expanding capacity
- Transition to 18-inch wafers remains years away, says Applied
- TSMC on track to move 5nm to risk production in 1H19
- Ability Opto-Electronics sees earnings improve significantly in 2016
- Samsung steps up cooperation with China-based handset suppliers
- WPG expects sales to recover starting 2Q17
- VIS expects to post up to 5% revenue decrease in 1Q17
- Asustek likely to unveil new 2-in-1 model at MWC 2017
- HTC aims high while LG look low in India smartphone market
- AMD to release Ryzen in March with initial shipments to top 1 million
- Harvatek showcases transparent LED display at Smart City Summit & Expo 2017
- Epistar to produce VCSELs
- Intel pushing new 5G chip
- LG Display may become supplier to Samsung
- AUO undaunted by China competition, says chairman
- Xiaomi likely to unveil in-house developed CPUs on February 28
- MWC 2017 set for a new round of competition for smartphones
- Taiwan maintains largest share of global IC wafer fab capacity, says IC Insights
- Taiwan January unemployment rate down, says DGBAS
- Taiwan January manufacturing production index down on month, up on year, says MOEA
- UMC enters mass production for 14nm chips
- MediaTek gross margin unlikely to recover
- GPU shipments total 100 million in 4Q16, says John Peddie
- Samsung launches 10nm Exynos 9-series processor
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...