- MediaTek expanding IoT ecosystem
- Amazon new 7-inch tablets to benefit Taiwan, China supply chain makers
- Taiwan market: Toshiba no longer selling consumer notebooks
- Inventec takes 90% stake in all-in-one PC maker TPV-Inventa
- China hikes 2015 target PV installation capacity by 5.3GWp
- Globalfoundries developing 10nm in-house
- MediaTek, Huawei to tap SSD controller market
- Digitimes Research: 3GPP sets Category 0 in R12 to facilitate application of LTE to IoT
- AUO reportedly receives rush order for 65-inch TV panels from TCL
- VIA Telecom assets sold to Intel
- Xilinx ships 16nm chips ahead of schedule
- Taiwan market: Gogoro Lite electric scooter launched
- JDI to remain top Apple display supplier for iPhone in 2016
- Annual revenues for drone and robotics technologies for transmission and distribution expected to reach US$4.1 billion by 2024, says report
- Japan market: HTC unveils 2 SIM-free smartphones
- Solartech, Danen see mixed growth in September revenues
- Sapphire pricing drops 30% in September due to weak demand in LED market, says report
- Foxconn, Innolux considering joint investment in India-based display facilities
- Metal recycling firm JYD receives investment from Mitsui
- TSEC secures orders with shipments scheduled through next 6 months
- General Energy Solutions to obtain 30% stake in Phanes Group
- China exports LED lighting worth US$355 million to India in January-August
- Epistar to invest in Malaysia-based Dominant Opto Technologies
- Digitimes Research: Panasonic aims at automotive lighting revenues of JPY60 billion for FY2018
- Targeting niche markets: Q&A with ST Liu, president of Acer handset unit
Notebook vendor Acer aims to ship at least five million smartphones in 2015 and plans to hike the shipments...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
Computex has evolved into one of the biggest and most important ICT trade shows in the world since...
Although the company has not been operating in the gaming notebook industry for long, Gigabyte Technology...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...