- AUO completes largest rooftop PV system in Taiwan
- Nintendo expects to ship 20 million Switch devices in first year
- TEEMA forms automotive alliance
- ASE says no plan to set up local site in US for packaging services
- Lenovo to push smartphone sales in Asia Pacific
- Foxconn to hike Sharp TV panel capacity in Japan, says IHS Markit
- Global LCD TV panel shipments in February down on month, up on year, says WitsView
- Lenovo plans to offer 3-5 Mods smartphone accessories a quarter
- China Mobile 2016 net profit up 0.2% on year
- TSMC to start installing equipment at Nanjing fab in 2H17
- MLS to set up joint venture in US
- GET unveils light-weight PV modules
- TPK and O-film Tech form partnership via cross holding
- Flexible display market to surpass US$200 billion within five years, says Futuresource
- Ardentec to complete acquisition of Giga Solution in 3Q17
- Oppo actively tapping overseas markets
- Shanghai QST enjoys robust MEMS sensor shipments
- Adlink partners with MVTec on machine vision products
- GMT to deal out 2016 dividend of NT$5
- Tencent 2016 net profit up 42.4% on year
- Taiwan February manufacturing production index down on month, up on year, says MOEA
- Audio IC firm C-Media 2016 profits fall to 3-year low
- SPIL to pay NT$1.75 cash dividend for 2016
- Win Semi to deal out cash dividend of NT$4.50 for 2016
- Samsung, eSilicon tape out 14nm network processor with Rambus 28G SerDes solution
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...