- Corning unveils Gorilla Glass SR+ for wearable devices
- Enterprise private, public cloud use on the rise, says VMware CEO
- Smartphone vendors likely to follow Samsung to adopt IR LED-based iris recognition
- Digitimes Research: Worldwide tablet shipments drop to 40 million units in 2Q16
- Digitimes Research: China mobile AP shipments to growth over 18% in 2H16
- MOEA sets tentative 2017 feed-in tariffs for renewable energy
- Taipei hosts industrial automation exhibition
- HTC to unveil HTC One A9s at IFA 2016, says report
- Tripod to post 5-8% revenue growth in 3Q16, says report
- Mirle develops forming equipment for 3D curved glass chassis, says report
- Orders for iris recognition chips to boost Xintec 2017 revenues, says report
- NVM IP provider eMemory unveils new MTP solution for RFID and NFC chips
- Taiwan market: LG launches X-series smartphones
- LTCC module maker ACX to see revenues high in August, 3Q16
- Samsung announces mass production of 14nm Exynos chips
- GCL-Poly to acquire SunEdision technology, factory assets
- Vendors to shift away more orders from BYD
- TOK steps up investment in Taiwan
- EU cancels MIP status of Neo Solar Power, Motech China subsidiaries, say reports
- OLED unlikely to replace LCD, says Innolux chairman
- Formosa Sun Energy wins EPC contract for setting up 4MWp rooftop PV systems in southern Taiwan
- Jinko Solar is top China PV module maker in 1H16
- CPT order visibility extends through end of 2016
- Connector maker Alltop posts EPS NT$2.55 for January-July period
- Tablet market to decline over 11% in 2016 before rebounding in 2018, says IDC
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
Buoyed by its ZenFone series smartphones, Asustek Computer has captured a portion of the global smartphone...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...