- VIS expects 2Q15 sales and gross margin to drop
- ASE expects to double SiP revenues in 2015
- China unlikely to develop home-grown DRAM technology within five years, say Nanya and Inotera
- Smart grid IT revenues expected to double by 2024, says firm
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan LCD TV shipments in 1Q15 lowest since 2010
- C3nano seals acquisition of silver nanowire maker Aiden
- ECS nets NT$0.68 per share for 1Q15
- China software industry posts January-March revenues of CNY880 billion, says MIIT
- Apple iPhone captures 12% smartphone market share in China in 1Q15, says Strategy Analytics
- Macronix looks to grow revenues from NAND flash memory
- Taiwan market: Asustek to launch VivoWatch in early May
- Headset maker Merry sees earnings decline sharply in 1Q15
- Taiwan market: TWM aims at 3 million 4G users for end of 2015
- Winbond posts slight sales growth in 1Q15; cautious about 2Q
- Chunghwa Telecom 1Q15 capital spending at NT$5.53 billion
- Digitimes Research: Global tablet shipments to stay flat on quarter and reach 49.31 million units in 2Q15
- Unprecedented solar PV boom in the UK during 1Q15, says IHS
- PV demand to stay at 51.4GW in 2015, says firm
- Samsung reports decreased profits for 1Q15
- Utility customer information systems and analytics spending expected to total nearly US$37 billion from 2014-2023, says firm
- Laster Tech becomes major automotive LED lighting supplier for Great Wall Motors
- Radiant expects strong shipments for smartphone BLUs in 2H15
- India market: Huawei aims to ship 2 million smartphones in 2015
- Edison Opto nets NT$0.03 per share for 1Q15
- Smart home automation system revenues hit US$34 billion in 2020, says ABI Research
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
The IC backend service industry was capped by a flurry of merger and acquisition (M&A) activities...
Macronix International, which ranks as the world's second-largest NOR flash supplier with a 19% share...
The applications, demand and service areas for the global storage device industry have seen profound...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...