- Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers to see strong shipments to smartphone, tablet, notebook segments in 2014
- Pegatron chairman takes over TCA
- Wistron expects 60% of 2014 revenues generated from non-notebook products
- Inspection tool maker HMI to post another record sales quarter
- ITRI to cooperate with UL to set up fuel cell testing laboratory
- Inotera to raise funding
- UMC board approves capex for 28nm capacity expansion
- VIA likely to post smaller loss for 2013
- Japan Display to acquire Taiwan LCM maker and establish new subsidiary in China
- TPK defers equipment installation at joint venture factory
- TV demand expected to rebound in March-April 2014
- ChipMOS to nearly halve capex for 2014
- Global PV installation capacity to reach 40GWp in 2014, says BOE
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone sales to top 436 million units in 2014
- Epistar to increase investments in two China subsidiaries
- China-based handset vendors creating secondary brands
- Inventec to push cloud computing and solar businesses for 2014-2016, says chairman
- Vizio releases majority of 2014 TV ODM orders to TPV and Wistron
- ITRI transfers DSSC technology to Formosa Plastics
- Networked medical device sales to exceed 14 million units in 2018, says Parks Associates
- Chip resistor maker Ralec 2013 EPS to reach NT$4.70
- Big brand tablet installed base to surpass 285 million, says ABI Research
- North America semiconductor equipment industry posts book-to-bill ratio of 1.11 in November 2013, says SEMI
- PCB maker Apex 2013 revenues to grow more than 10%
- Sequans adopts Imagination MIPS Aptiv CPUs for LTE products
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
OCZ Technology shifted its corporate focus away from legacy DRAM memory modules in 2011, and has since...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...