- Commentary: Is it likely for Qualcomm to produce 28nm chips at SMIC?
- ASRock expects growing server business
- Taiwan solar cell makers mull mergers in the wake of US anti-dumping probe
- Direct supply orders account for 90% of Quanta server shipments
- Kinsus, Unimicron set high capex budgets for 2014
- China IC backend service companies migrating to advanced processes
- Digitimes Research: Handheld games consoles facing threat from smartphones; gaming peripheral players to benefit
- Ennoconn aims to become 3rd largest Taiwan-based industrial PC maker
- Delta Electronics steps up development of robots, says chairman
- Component suppliers see strong games console orders for 2Q14
- StorArt ramping SD 3.1 and eMMC 4.5 controller chips
- China market: Huawei Device, Coolpad launch 7-inch phablets at below CNY2,000
- Lenovo may become second largest Android smartphone vendor, say Taiwan makers
- Interactive whiteboard and flat panel display sales to education and corporate segments reach 1.3 million units in 2013, says firm
- Digitimes Research: South Korea aims to acquire 40% share in wearable device market by 2020
- China makers urge government to set floor price for polysilicon from Europe
- China TV vendors expected to drop pricing by 10% for new Ultra HD TVs released in 2014
- ASE may land more packaging orders for Apple A8 CPUs
- Notebook component suppliers expect to see only slight growth in March
- Taiwan touch panel makers drop product pricing; plan to adjust production lines
- Foxconn to raise salaries for Taiwan employees in April
- Inventec to launch cloud computing-based storage solutions in Southeast Asia
- Global LTPS capacity expansion peaks in 2014, says WitsView
- Career lands FPCB orders for iPhone 6, says paper
- Adlink Technology to acquire Germany-based Penta
The security solutions market is an increasingly important market as the IT industry develops and security...
As part of Toshiba, OCZ Storage Solutions is able to leverage Toshiba's NAND and combine it with its...
While Digitimes is known as a media outlet, the company also includes a business unit that solely focuses...
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...