- Samsung 2Q16 operating profits rise 18% on brisk smartphone sales
- AUO to start 6G LTPS production in eastern China in 4Q16
- Nanya, Inotera deals with Micron still proceeding
- UMC looks to 2-3% shipment growth in 3Q16
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan ships nearly 8.5 million LCD TVs in 2Q16
- Coretronic nets NT$1.13 per share for 1H16
- MLS upbeat about synergy with Osram
- BlackBerry launches new Android smartphone
- SPIL reports NT$0.90 EPS for 2Q16
- Pegatron automates factory in Shanghai, says chairman
- Nanya 2Q16 profits fall
- Connector maker Sinbon reports earnings for 2Q16
- Digitimes Research: Over 4,000 models of LTE-enabled devices launched as of February 2016
- Osram to sell lamp business unit to China-based consortium
- AUO reports operating profit for 2Q16
- Notebook players less keen to adopt USB Type C
- Taiwan to be flexible in allocating frequency band for IoT, says minister
- ET Solar, LONGi set up joint venture for PV module marketing
- State Power Investment procures 2.75GWp of PV modules
- Component makers to see weak orders for tablets and wearables
- China may lower target PV installation capacity in 13th 5-year plan
- HTC to face increasing competition in VR market in 2H16
- Corning posts stronger results for 2Q16
- SJSemi, Qualcomm announce mass production of 14nm wafer bumping
- China imports 71,000 tons of polysilicon in 1H16
Global demand for LED lighting will peak in 2018, with LED applications to acount for 70% of all lighting...
With the global LED lighting application market taking off, and business opportunities emerging fast,...
US-based Cree will invest US$83 million to take a 13.32% stake in Taiwan-based Lextar Electronics,...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2007
In addition to pure display makers such as Amtran, Chi Mei, HANNspree, Taiwan-based home appliance makers such as Tatung, Proton, Kolin, several major IT makers...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2006
Taiwan-based display makers come from a variety of areas in the IT industry, from Compal, which is best known for producing notebooks, to Premier, which also produces...