- Digitimes Research: Optical-use sapphire demand to reach 12.44 million mm of 2-inch equivalents in 2014
- Digitimes Research: Global tablet shipments reach 55.06 million units in 2Q14
- USI reportedly lands SiP module orders for iWatch devices
- Taiwan server ODMs may benefit from Project Scorpio 2.0
- Innolux, AUO facing competition from South Korea-based Ultra HD TV makers in China
- China Mobile TD-LTE user base increases to nearly 14 million in June
- Microsoft facing increased competition from MacBooks and Chromebooks, say Taiwan makers
- Investment in production of N-type monocrystalline solar cells may take off in 2-3 years
- Fujitsu Taiwan and local university to set up Big Data R&D platform
- Taiwan tablet shipments plunge sequentially in 1Q14, says MIC
- Domestic suppliers dominate China solar inverter market as demand doubles, says IHS
- Bay Zu Precision to showcase roll-to-roll vacuum sputtering systems at Touch Taiwan 2014
- Chi Mei Materials starts construction of polarizer factory in China
- Taiwan makers can tolerate 15-20% US anti-dumping rates for PV modules
- Unity Opto expected to ship 20 million LED light bulbs in 2014, says paper
- Compeq looks to strong revenue gains in 3Q14 on growing HDI board orders
- Taiwan attracts foreign direct investment of over US$1.9 billion in January-June, says MOEA
- Taiwan Polysilicon may be unable to obtain syndicated loan
- Global UHD TV shipments may reach 20 million units in 2014, say Taiwan makers
- JDI begins IPS-NEO panel production
- Taiwan sees increased June export order value, says MOEA
- NSP subsidiary unveils PV system at southern Taiwan farm
- Commentary: TSMC should support MediaTek to counter Samsung-Qualcomm alliance
- Taiwan market: Nearly 1,500 4G base stations in operation at end of June, says NCC
- Microsoft cloud growth drives strong fiscal 4Q14 results
While mid-power LED chips account for only a small proportion of LED lighting currently, the proportion...
GaN-on-Si is a new technology that has the potential to replace sapphire substrates in the LED supply...
Despite the fact the penetration rate of LED backlight units (BLUs) in TVs has been increasing continuously,...
US-based MOCVD equipment provider Veeco currently ranks number one in global market share with 50%...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2007
In addition to pure display makers such as Amtran, Chi Mei, HANNspree, Taiwan-based home appliance makers such as Tatung, Proton, Kolin, several major IT makers...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2006
Taiwan-based display makers come from a variety of areas in the IT industry, from Compal, which is best known for producing notebooks, to Premier, which also produces...