- The synergy of NXP acquisition: An interview with Qualcomm president Derek Aberle
- Dell to separate Greater China office from Asia Pacific branch
- Foxconn Electronics to have Sharp produce 4K TV panels in Japan
- Taiwan December export order value down on month, up on year, says MOEA
- Acer to be free of amortization cost for intangible assets beginning 2018, says CEO
- Service providers switching from channel to linear OTT video over traditional TV, says ABI Research
- Wistron reportedly to be main OEM for new iPhone in India
- Taiwan market: Asustek launches police service app
- China re-assessing subsidies for PV projects
- Packaging material supplier Chang Wah secures syndicated loans
- Passive component supplier Ta-I to buy back shares to fend off a tender offer
- China polysilicon imports in January-November 2016 grow 18.2% on year, says CNMIA
- Amtran to ship companion robots, says paper
- SerComm to offer AI-integrated devices in mid-2017
- EIH cooperates with Texen to offer smart cosmetics packaging solution
- TV panel demand, supply to drop in 1Q17, says Sigmaintell
- Pihsiang Machinery sets up 2MWp rooftop PV system in northeastern Taiwan
- SAS looking for mergers, says chairman
- Foxconn considering setting up panel line in US, says chairman
- Taiwan attracts foreign direct investment of over US$11 billion in 2016, says MOEA
- Digitimes Research: ASEAN 3G/4G mobile broadband penetration to rise to 60% in 2017
- Semiconductor M&A reach peak in 2015-2016, says IC Insights
- Asustek, Gigabyte, MSI to hike motherboard, graphics card prices in China
- Foxconn to set up factory in conjunction with Apple R&D center in Shenzhen, says report
- Global VR production value to take off in 2017, says TCA chairman
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$4.7 billion in the biggest-ever...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
- Taiwan DRAM module industry overview - Jun 2011
The year 2010 represented a peak in recent years for the DRAM module industry. Optimism surfaced in the second half of 2009 thanks to a return of demand on the...
- Taiwan DRAM-module industry overview - May 2010
Back to 2006 when total revenues for the third-party module market reached US$12.2 billion, Taiwan had over 15 vendors shipping DRAM modules under their own brand...
- Taiwan semiconductor equipment industry overview - Aug 2008
Worries about a global economic downturn have taken a toll on a number of industries, with the semiconductor industry being no exception. Players in the semiconductor...
- Foundry overview - Sep 2006
Taiwan's semiconductor industry has begun to out-run its global peers, once more, in 2006. This followed a trough in 2004, caused by over-inventory, plus volatility...