- Commentary: Xiaomi facing challenge to sustain growth
- Falling LED bulb prices put pressure on LED driver IC firms
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan LCD driver IC revenues to rise 6% in 2014
- IBM, Cisco leading in smart city technology developments, says Navigant
- Japan-based Murata sees potential in IoT and wearable industries
- Acer unveils Aspire Switch and Iconia tablets
- China and US boost worldwide industrial semiconductor market in 2014, says IHS
- Asia Neo Tech expects sales growth in 4Q14
- China IC design houses expand presence in touch IC and fingerprint sensor markets
- Corning announces glass advancements with Gorilla Glass 4
- Touch panel pricing to drop to US$1 per inch
- Foxconn and Innolux to build 6G LTPS panel plant
- Win Win Precision cooperates with vendor to market HeatCap in Japan
- Acer to launch convertible touch-screen Chromebook in 1H15
- Monocrystalline solar cell prices may fall in 4Q14, say Taiwan makers
- TSMC to offer InFO packaging for 16nm chips in 2016, says paper
- Digitimes Research: China makers Bitland, BYD to join Chromebook supply chain in 2015
- Medical equipment makers investing in new facilities in Taiwan
- Foxconn to build airborne logistic hub in Zhengzhou
- Taiwan estimated to supply 20% of global IC packaging materials, says IEK
- VIA stock demoted in TSE; expects strong performance in 4Q14
- US fab tool book-to-bill ratio stays below parity, says SEMI
- Large-area TFT LCD panel shipments and revenues return to growth in 2014, says DisplaySearch
- China market: Online advertising value over CNY43 billion in 3Q14, says Analysys
- China has 1.277 billion mobile phone users in October, says MIIT
Laser printers have been dominating the business-use segment. But Seiko Epson has launched a bid to...
US-based Cree will invest US$83 million to take a 13.32% stake in Taiwan-based Lextar Electronics,...
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...