- TPK November revenues up over 30% sequentially
- China releases TD-LTE licenses
- Upstream supply chain to see strong orders for Xbox One and PS4 components in 1Q14
- China-based touch panel makers expanding capacities
- Automobile board maker Chin-Poon to operate at over 90% of capacity in 4Q13
- TSMC to see strong rebound in 2Q14, says report
- Hermes Microvision shipping e-beam inspection tools for 1Xnm processes
- China TV panel self-sufficiency rate expected to exceed 40% in 2014
- Digitimes Research: Global LCD TV shipments to reach 213 million units in 2014
- Pegatron lands China white-box tablet orders through Intel
- NAND flash suppliers to cut production to stabilize chip prices
- Sapphire ingot supplier Acme to return to profitability in 4Q13
- Digitimes Research: Notebook vendors and ODMs post shipment gains in November
- Toshiba to acquire assets of OCZ for US$35 million
- Movea, Nuvoton team up to deliver motion-enabled embedded controllers for Windows 8.1 and Android devices
- Taiwan market: Chunghwa Telecom aims at 300,000 4G users by end of 2014
- BlackBerry may replace core hardware devices business with software services
- Memory backend service firms likely to scale down capex for 2014
- Chip resistor maker Ralec sees revenues up for November
- Linear releases 80V buck-boost lead acid, lithium battery charging controller
- Aurora unveils first own-brand 3D printer
- Asustek aims to ship 5 million smartphones in 2014
- ECS expected to ship 14 million motherboards in 2013
- Global notebook demand to remain weak in 1H14, say Taiwan makers
- Mobile handsets to pass PCs as largest systems market and IC consumer, says IC Insights
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
OCZ Technology shifted its corporate focus away from legacy DRAM memory modules in 2011, and has since...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...