- Biometrics market boosted by fingerprint sensors in smartphones, vein technologies in ATMs and iris recognition in healthcare, says ABI Research
- Digitimes Research: China makers to see small- to medium-size panel shipments grow 15.5% in 2H15
- Digitimes Research: September LED light bulb prices up in China market
- China aims to complete electric vehicle power charging infrastructure by 2020
- Tera Xtal to shut down northern Taiwan plant
- Improved energy efficiency requirements lead to stable growth in industrial traction semiconductors, says IHS
- Auto, industrial chip orders falling
- Apple iPhone 6s/6s Plus sales in the first 3 days were 10-15% weaker than iPhone 6 series in Japan, say reports
- NCC cancels approval of Global Mobile changes in infrastructure construction
- Shipments of large-size monitors growing due to demand in China, says report
- Global communications equipment and services revenues for electric vehicle charging networks expected to exceed US$709 million in 2024, says firm
- 4G smartphone market takes off as telecoms drive mobile broadband development, says TrendForce
- MediaTek expanding IoT ecosystem
- AUO reportedly receives rush order for 65-inch TV panels from TCL
- Amazon new 7-inch tablets to benefit Taiwan, China supply chain makers
- Taiwan market: Gogoro Lite electric scooter launched
- JDI to remain top Apple display supplier for iPhone in 2016
- Annual revenues for drone and robotics technologies for transmission and distribution expected to reach US$4.1 billion by 2024, says report
- Inventec takes 90% stake in all-in-one PC maker TPV-Inventa
- Solartech, Danen see mixed growth in September revenues
- China hikes 2015 target PV installation capacity by 5.3GWp
- Globalfoundries developing 10nm in-house
- Samsung AMOLED business to benefit from China smartphone demand in 2016
- Sapphire pricing drops 30% in September due to weak demand in LED market, says report
- Foxconn, Innolux considering joint investment in India-based display facilities
Notebook vendor Acer aims to ship at least five million smartphones in 2015 and plans to hike the shipments...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
Computex has evolved into one of the biggest and most important ICT trade shows in the world since...
Although the company has not been operating in the gaming notebook industry for long, Gigabyte Technology...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...