- Asustek shifting ZenFone touch panel orders back to Taiwan
- Largan Precision nets NT$32.86 per share for 1Q15
- PTI, FATC post mild revenue increases in 1Q15
- TSMC hopes to build wholly-owned 12-inch fab in China
- BYOC may account for over 50% of Acer profits after 3-5 years, says founder
- TSMC targets 10% revenue CAGR over next 5 years
- Polysilicon prices outside China fall to US$16/kg
- Panel makers conservative about performance during May 1 period in China
- ITRI to cooperate with US NIST to promote LED lighting
- Japan market: Asustek ZenFone 5 ranks as top-selling model for fifth month, says report
- Commentary: HTC reveals confusing product positioning strategy
- The rise of the energy cloud signals a fundamental shift in the power segment, says Navigant
- Large-size panel shipments reach 68.82 million in March 2015, says WitsView
- JPEA hikes 2020 target cumulative PV installation capacity in Japan to 65.7GWp
- TSMC expects sales drop in 2Q15
- BOE signs US$2.36 million agreement with South Korea equipment provider DE&T, says report
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan sees decreased 1Q15 digital camera shipments
- PC ODMs expect to obtain orders at losses in 2H15
- Apple to equip next iPhone with Force Touch technology
- 2 China polysilicon makers see profits for 2014
- Rigidtech expanding PSS capacity in China
- Leading China firms to set up N-type solar cell production lines
- Digitimes Research: Japan LED lighting penetration in 2015 to reach 78.6%
- QD Vision introduces 2mm color LCD display optic
- MediaTek likely to post 12-18% sales growth in 2Q15
Compal Electronics was one of the pioneers that relocated its major production base to China from Taiwan...
The development of network functions virtualization (NFV) solutions will become mature in 2015 and...
Despite years of enthusiasm for wireless charging technology, the market for wireless charging applications...
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...