Chi Mei Optoelectronics Corporation is a Taiwan-based company primarily engaged in research, development, manufacture and distribution of thin film transistor liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD) monitors and color filters.
The Company's major products include LCD television panels, monitor panels, notebook computer display panels, audio/video (AV) and mobile display panels, medical display panels and special-application panels. Its products are applied in mobile communication products, information product and household electrical appliances. The Company operates international divisions in Japan, the United States, Holland, England, Germany and Singapore. The Company has production facilities in Ningbo, Zhejiang Province, and Foshan, Guangdong province, China. It distributes its products principally in Taiwan, Japan, the United States, Europe and Mainland China.
PerformanceThe company's stock price closed at NT$21.95 on the TSE on Thursday, March 4, 2010.For the second quarter of 2009, the company totaled NT$72,535 million in consolidated revenues, up 60.3% sequentially and down 25.1% on year.Brief
Full name: Chi Mei Optoelectronics (merge to Chimei Innolux Corporation)
Chinese name: 奇美電子股份有限公司
Short name: CMO
Stock code: 3009
Tax ID: 16130303
Established: 6 Aug 1998
Paid in capital: NT$82.87 billion
Listed on TSE: 26 Aug 2002
Listed on ESB: 7 May 2002
Public since: 22 Jun 2000
- HTC reshuffling top management
- A win-win situation for Toshiba and OCZ: Q&A with Alex Mei, CMO of OCZ Storage Solutions
- Focus on enterprise SSD: Q&A with OCZ CMO Alex Mei
- HTC to appoint new CMO, says paper
- Solid state storage for the enterprise and consumers: Q&A with Alex Mei, CMO at OCZ Technology
- Taiwan must learn antitrust lessons: Q&A with ex-CMO president Ho Jau-yang
- Expanding SSD market reach: Q&A with OCZ executive VP and CMO Alex Mei
- CMI will appeal against EC antitrust fine, says chairman
Chi Mei Optoelectronics (CMO) showcased a 57-inch 240Hz LCD panel with 240Hz scanning BLU at Display Taiwan 2009 last week. With...
Photo: Rodney Chan, Jun 18.
The 57-inch full HD LCD TV panel of Chi Mei Optoelectronics (CMO) will be produced at the company's 5.5-generation (5.5G)...
Photo: Company, Oct 24.
CMO is highlighting a 22-inch 3D widescreen monitor display, which is claimed to be the world's first commercially mass-produced...
Photo: Carrie Yu, Digitimes, Jun 13.
- U-Reach delivers the largest and highest scalability standalone HDD/SSD Duplicator
- EverFocus will exhibit at Security Essen 2014 for showcasing the brand new solutions
- German MSO Tele Columbus chooses Compal Broadband Networks advanced cable gateway to support its growth strategy
- ABB and Volvo form global partnership for electric and hybrid bus fast-charging
- Accurate Analysis of Multi-Gigabit Systems Using HSPICE
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Digitimes Research: Hisilicon AP to give Huawei cost advantage in high-end mobile device market
- Digitimes Research: Google looking to clean up Android device mess in emerging markets
- Digitimes Research: Google to expand Chromebooks into consumer market
- Digitimes Research: Fierce price competition revives GG touch panel demand
- Turning a smartphone into a PC in a pocket: Q&A with Analogix
- Intel discloses newest microarchitecture and 14nm process details
- Google I/O 2014: Samsung expands Gear portfolio with Android Wear
- Apple releases new iPod touch starting at US$199
- Apple introduces new entry-level 21.5-inch iMac
- Computex 2014: Intel unveils innovations for mobile devices, desktops and 2-in-1s
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers, software developers and semiconductor players...
Computex 2014 will be hosted from June 3-7 at the Taipei World Trade Center in Taiwan.
Notebook ODMs have announced their shipments in June
AMD has been reorganizing its businesss, such as moving its desktop business headquarters to Beijing,...
Intel president Renee James, during a recent interview, told Digitimes that the company and its partners...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
As a long runner in the motherboard industry, Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS) has been competing...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...