Chi Mei Optoelectronics Corporation is a Taiwan-based company primarily engaged in research, development, manufacture and distribution of thin film transistor liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD) monitors and color filters.
The Company's major products include LCD television panels, monitor panels, notebook computer display panels, audio/video (AV) and mobile display panels, medical display panels and special-application panels. Its products are applied in mobile communication products, information product and household electrical appliances. The Company operates international divisions in Japan, the United States, Holland, England, Germany and Singapore. The Company has production facilities in Ningbo, Zhejiang Province, and Foshan, Guangdong province, China. It distributes its products principally in Taiwan, Japan, the United States, Europe and Mainland China.
PerformanceFor the second quarter of 2009, the company totaled NT$72,535 million in consolidated revenues, up 60.3% sequentially and down 25.1% on year.Brief
Full name: Chi Mei Optoelectronics (merge to Chimei Innolux Corporation)
Chinese name: 奇美電子股份有限公司
Short name: CMO
Stock code: 3009
Tax ID: 16130303
Established: 6 Aug 1998
Paid in capital: NT$82.87 billion
Listed on TSE: 26 Aug 2002
Listed on ESB: 7 May 2002
Public since: 22 Jun 2000
- HTC appoints new CMO
- HTC reshuffling top management
- A win-win situation for Toshiba and OCZ: Q&A with Alex Mei, CMO of OCZ Storage Solutions
- Focus on enterprise SSD: Q&A with OCZ CMO Alex Mei
- HTC to appoint new CMO, says paper
- Solid state storage for the enterprise and consumers: Q&A with Alex Mei, CMO at OCZ Technology
- Taiwan must learn antitrust lessons: Q&A with ex-CMO president Ho Jau-yang
- Expanding SSD market reach: Q&A with OCZ executive VP and CMO Alex Mei
Chi Mei Optoelectronics (CMO) showcased a 57-inch 240Hz LCD panel with 240Hz scanning BLU at Display Taiwan 2009 last week. With...
Photo: Rodney Chan, Jun 18.
The 57-inch full HD LCD TV panel of Chi Mei Optoelectronics (CMO) will be produced at the company's 5.5-generation (5.5G)...
Photo: Company, Oct 24.
CMO is highlighting a 22-inch 3D widescreen monitor display, which is claimed to be the world's first commercially mass-produced...
Photo: Carrie Yu, Digitimes, Jun 13.
- Conexant working with Amazon to create AudioSmart 2-mic development kit for Amazon Alexa
- Innodisk launches digital input/output expansion cards suitable for industrial systems
- AVerMedia introduces video capture and streaming solutions, targeting application opportunities in four major sectors
- Join CAYIN at InfoComm MEA 2016 to discover the next-gen digital signage
- Clientron to introduce new 12" all-in-one POS Bello620
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Intel processor shipments rely on Windows tablets for growth
- Digitimes Research: Tablets with phone functionality from white-box players to suffer over 15% decline in 2Q15
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers, software developers and semiconductor players...
With gaming products becoming popular and VR/AR applications having become the latest topics in the IT market, will VR/AR help save the IT industry in...
HTC is banking on its VR device to revive its business
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Silicon Valley based Anaplan, a cloud-based planning and performance management platform provider,...
Gaming notebooks have become the main focus of Gigabyte Technology's notebook department and despite...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...