Chi Mei Optoelectronics Corporation is a Taiwan-based company primarily engaged in research, development, manufacture and distribution of thin film transistor liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD) monitors and color filters.
The Company's major products include LCD television panels, monitor panels, notebook computer display panels, audio/video (AV) and mobile display panels, medical display panels and special-application panels. Its products are applied in mobile communication products, information product and household electrical appliances. The Company operates international divisions in Japan, the United States, Holland, England, Germany and Singapore. The Company has production facilities in Ningbo, Zhejiang Province, and Foshan, Guangdong province, China. It distributes its products principally in Taiwan, Japan, the United States, Europe and Mainland China.
Full name: Chi Mei Optoelectronics (merge to Chimei Innolux Corporation)
Chinese name: 奇美電子股份有限公司
Short name: CMO
Stock code: 3009
Tax ID: 16130303
Established: 6 Aug 1998
Paid in capital: NT$82.87 billion
Listed on TSE: 26 Aug 2002
Listed on ESB: 7 May 2002
Public since: 22 Jun 2000
Website: www.cmo.com.twRelated news
- HTC to appoint new CMO, says paper
- Solid state storage for the enterprise and consumers: Q&A with Alex Mei, CMO at OCZ Technology
- Taiwan must learn antitrust lessons: Q&A with ex-CMO president Ho Jau-yang
- Expanding SSD market reach: Q&A with OCZ executive VP and CMO Alex Mei
- CMI will appeal against EC antitrust fine, says chairman
- CMI to set up touch panel plant in China
- Ex-CMO executive indicted in LCD price fixing probe, says US Justice Department
- CMI to merge Chi Mei Energy
Photo: Rodney Chan, Jun 18.
Photo: Company, Oct 24.
Photo: Carrie Yu, Digitimes, Jun 13.
- Fujitsu converts Fujitsu Toshiba Mobile Communications into a wholly owned subsidiary
- NEC reaks the speed barriers of microwave transmission with ultra high modulations
- LSI completes acquisition of SandForce
- Fujitsu introduces ARROWS Z ISW11F au smartphone
- PSCo Technical Distribution partners with Matrox to offer fully integrated turnkey video walls
- Commentary: Price competition over 7-inch tablets erodes profits
- Taiwan FTC investigates Samsung over false advertising allegations
- Digitimes Research: Mobile devices to drive 2013 DRAM market
- Galaxy S4 to extend Samsung lead in 2013 handset market, says IHS
- Panasonic in talks to sell its handset business, says Japan press
A portal for information about Taiwan's WiMAX industry.
HTC has launched its new flagship smartphone in hopes to regain market share
China-based Huawei Technologies has reported handsome profits for 2012.
China-based vendors have been aggressive in rolling out new smartphones.
In a relentless competition against rivals including Qualcomm, Nvidia and Media in the smartphone chipset...
Vitesse Semiconductor has been a major player in the semiconductor industry for the past 28 years,...
China-based Huawei Technologies has always been known for its telecom technologies and equipment, but...
Along with increasing use of smartphones, competition among mobile telecom carriers is changing and...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...