- Be the first to comment
- Niching 2014 profits hit 3-year high
- Sony Mobile aims to ship 38 million smartphones in FY2015, say sources
- Foundry chipmaker Powerchip developing SoC for IoT
- UMC snatches high-end 28nm chip orders from TSMC clients
- Epistar to start production of integrated power drivers based on Si substrates
- Motherboard players unlikely to achieve shipment targets for 2015
- Inventec to build server plants in Southeast Asia and Japan, says chairman
- Samsung Display looking to revamp OLED TV panel production, says report
- Foxconn nets NT$8.85 per share for 2014
- Lenovo plans to launch smartphones in Japan, says paper
- Taiwan market: Gogoro to launch Smartscooter in summer 2015
- China PV makers expect demand to rebound in 2Q15
- IC distributor ANStek revenues and profits climb to 3-year highs
- Toshiba in talks to sell large stake of Egypt-based TV manufacturing facilities, says report
- Asustek to add fingerprint ID function to ZenFone in 2H15, says paper
- IHS comments on Intel potential acquisition of Altera
- CPT reports decline for 2014 performance
- Giga Solar Materials to deal out 2014 dividend of NT$15.00
- UMC begins construction of 12-inch fab in Xiamen
- Taiwan market: Bidding for new 4G band units to be less intense, says TWM president
- Supply chains shifting strategy due to weak notebook and tablet demand in Europe
- Taiwan university develops silicon slurry recycling process
- China-based MLS expects 2015 LED lighting revenues from US to hike 5-10 fold
- Unity Opto Technology sees booming orders for LED lighting
- Quanta sees growth of 5.2% in 2014 revenues
Compal Electronics was one of the pioneers that relocated its major production base to China from Taiwan...
The development of network functions virtualization (NFV) solutions will become mature in 2015 and...
Despite years of enthusiasm for wireless charging technology, the market for wireless charging applications...
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...