Posted on Dec 2, 20:59Shipments do not really reflect the real scenario of how the devices are selling but Apple has continued to maintain its premium.
- Lenovo shifts component orders back to Taiwan makers
- Digitimes Research: China IC self-sufficiency rate to reach 40% by 2020
- Digitimes Research: Top-5 notebook vendors and top-3 ODMs see decline in July shipments
- Primax revenues to hit new high in August, says paper
- SerComm, Gemtek ramping up small cell production
- Innolux to showcase various notebook-use panels at Touch Taiwan 2016
- China market: B2C transaction value nearly CNY652 billion in 2Q16, says Analysys
- Taiwan attracts foreign direct investment of over US$6 billion in January-July, says MOEA
- Taiwan July export order value decreases, says MOEA
- Acer, Asustek, Samsung preparing to showcase new wearables at IFA 2016, says paper
- Hua Hong ships 1.2 billion MCUs in 1H16
- GaN device supply chain remains robust, says Strategy Analytics
- Taiwan market: Sharp to launch Aquos Z2 smartphone for high-end segment
- Xian LONGi Silicon Materials to set up capacity in Malaysia, say reports
- Handset chassis maker AVY Precision reports earnings for 2Q16
- Taiwan networking device makers see profits rebound remarkably in 1H16
- GCL-Poly Energy to set up 5GWp high-efficiency solar wafer factory
- Digitimes Research: Foxconn investment in Sharp may hike IGZO penetration
- NSP, Cathay Life Insurance set up JV for investment in PV power generation
- TSEC signs NT$1 billion joint lending
- The strengths of Gorilla Glass 5: Q&A with Corning executive James Hollis
- Commentary: Taiwan makers reluctant to yield to Apple requests to lower quotes
- E Ink Holdings turns profitable in 2Q16
- Nichia wins German Federal Court judgment on validity of YAG patent
- Digitimes Research: Japan to focus on developing self-driving, medicare and smart-factory industries
Corning in late July released its latest cover glass, Gorilla Glass 5, to provide better protection...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
Gaming notebooks have become the main focus of Gigabyte Technology's notebook department and despite...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...