- Be the first to comment
- Microsoft reduces Surface chassis suppliers; may adopt similar strategy for other components
- Makers expect UHD TV panels and WQHD handset panels to gain more traction in 2015
- Asustek to release US$100 7-inch tablet in Taiwan
- Eon reportedly to team up with China Sigma to develop NAND flash chips
- Taiwan solar cell makers see orders increase in August
- Smart grid as a service will reach US$11.2 billion in annual revenues by 2023, says Navigant
- More UHD TVs shipped in 2Q14 than in all of 2013, says DisplaySearch
- Acer to reveal new business plans and partners in October
- Digitimes Research: Proportion of HDMI/DisplayPort technology in LCD monitors increases 7.5pp in August
- Digitimes Research: Korea kicks off semiconductor development projects
- Taiwan market: TWM, FET add 1800MHz to 4G operation
- Asia Pacific Telecom to merge with Ambit Microelectronics
- Touch Taiwan 2014: ITRI features new one-step production method for touch panels
- ASPs for handset, touch controller, LCD driver ICs trending down in 3Q14
- Digitimes Research: JDI WQHD technology gaining traction in China high-end smartphone market
- Digitimes Research: Shipments of 64-bit application processors to grow fast in 2H14
- Asustek expects to ship nearly 8 million ZenPhones in 2014
- LED driver IC vendors look to flat performance in 3Q14
- Digitimes Research: China small- to medium-size panel shipments to increase 12.9% in 2H14
- Cree to invest in Lextar Electronics
- Pre-October 1 holiday orders to be moderate, say Taiwan-based IC vendors
- Three-quarters of high resolution smartphone LCDs will ship to Apple and China vendors, says DisplaySearch
- PC outlook improves, although shipments are still expected to fall 3.7% in 2014, says IDC
- UMC makes investments in Fujitsu Semiconductor subsidiary
- Taiwan market: CHT, TWM, FET offer 4G pricing with unlimited use
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
While mid-power LED chips account for only a small proportion of LED lighting currently, the proportion...
GaN-on-Si is a new technology that has the potential to replace sapphire substrates in the LED supply...
Despite the fact the penetration rate of LED backlight units (BLUs) in TVs has been increasing continuously,...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2007
In addition to pure display makers such as Amtran, Chi Mei, HANNspree, Taiwan-based home appliance makers such as Tatung, Proton, Kolin, several major IT makers...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2006
Taiwan-based display makers come from a variety of areas in the IT industry, from Compal, which is best known for producing notebooks, to Premier, which also produces...