- Be the first to comment
- LED driver IC vendors look to flat performance in 3Q14
- Delta Electronics signs up Xander as Taiwan sales agent
- Production schedules at 12-inch fabs begin to loosen
- Gaining an advantage in emerging markets: Q&A with India-based handset player Micromax
- Touch Taiwan 2014: ITRI features new one-step production method for touch panels
- ASPs for handset, touch controller, LCD driver ICs trending down in 3Q14
- Digitimes Research: JDI WQHD technology gaining traction in China high-end smartphone market
- China market: Acer cooperates with retail chain Gome
- Sony Mobile to adopt metal-alloy chassis for smartphones to be launched in 2015, say Taiwan makers
- Digitimes Research: Shipments of 64-bit application processors to grow fast in 2H14
- Asustek expects to ship nearly 8 million ZenPhones in 2014
- Sales of branded smartphones from service providers such as Amazon, Facebook, and Alibaba lower than expected
- UL offers security surveillance system testing standard
- Panel makers see increased orders for vehicle applications
- Touch Taiwan 2014: GIS displays new whiteboard products
- Global notebook shipments may drop 20-30% in 4Q14, say component makers
- Digitimes Research: China small- to medium-size panel shipments to increase 12.9% in 2H14
- Innolux notebook panel supply currently faces 20% shortage
- Motherboard price competition expands to Europe
- AUO, Innolux have order visibility until 4Q14
- Cree to invest in Lextar Electronics
- Use of sapphire in smartphones may take off in 2015, say Taiwan makers
- Quantum dot panel, lighting technology: Q&A with QD Vision
- Three-quarters of high resolution smartphone LCDs will ship to Apple and China vendors, says DisplaySearch
- PC outlook improves, although shipments are still expected to fall 3.7% in 2014, says IDC
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
As India's handset market is continuing to grow, local vendors including Lava, Spice, Intex and GI...
During Digitimes president Colley Hwang's recent trip to India, he had the opportunity to meet with...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2010
The global handset market did not have a banner year in 2009, with overall shipments of 1.167 billion units representing a drop of 3.2% from the previous year,...
- Taiwan handset industry overview - Jun 2008
The use of handsets continues to grow around the world, both in mature and emerging markets, as the communication devices become ever more ingrained in people's...
- Taiwan handset overview - Jun 2007
Global handset shipments topped 977 million units in 2006, according to Digitimes Research, with Taiwan-based handset makers accounting for 14% of the market on...