- Be the first to comment
- International smartphone chip vendors enhance development of tablet chips
- Handset panel module price quotes estimated to drop 10% in 4Q14
- Asustek expects at least NT$2 billion in profits from handset business in 2015
- High-end 27- to 32-inch monitors becoming new focus for vendors
- Commentary: China ODM services increasing as local vendors aim to cut costs and expand handset lineups
- Digitimes Research: Lenovo starts price-cut competition for 7-, 8-inch tablets
- Digitimes Research: Japan new fund raising policy to provide positive benefit to crowd funding market
- Tera Xtal cancels plan to raise additional capital
- SAS obtains Taiwan patent for polycrystalline silicon wafer process
- VIS hiking production at 8-inch fab
- China market: Clevo opens 24th Buynow store
- Huawei Technologies developing 5G technology
- TPK to see improved performance in 4Q14 due to Apple orders
- Tablet vendors developing models for education, business, gaming applications to boost growth in 2015
- Digitimes Research: Price pressure on DRAM chips to ease in 4Q14
- Taiwan, Japan LED makers to face price competition from China, says Nichia executive
- TSMC to start production of 16nm process products in 2Q15
- TV panel makers expect healthy shipments to China throughout 1Q15
- Apple introduces 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display
- Neo Solar Power subsidiary setting up PV system in UK
- LED lighting demand weak in 4Q14
- Digitimes Research: GTAT woes disrupt sapphire industry
- Clevo to ship 1.85-1.9 million notebooks in 2014, says paper
- Worldwide revenues for marketing software solutions growing to more than US$32 billion in 2018, says report
- Taiwan 3Q14 international Internet bandwidth rises to over 1.4Tbps, says TWNIC
US-based Cree will invest US$83 million to take a 13.32% stake in Taiwan-based Lextar Electronics,...
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...